Industrial Placement Digital Communications
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company? Leonardo’s Industrial Placement Programme offers you a paid opportunity to develop your current skillset in an innovative and practical environment that can lead to a place on our award winning Graduate programme for engineers and business professionals of the future.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented individuals who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
The 1 year Industrial Placement Programme
We have created a programme across our UK site that not only increases your technical skills but gives you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible.
Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergraduate years and hopefully offer you a place on our 2 year Graduate Development programme at an appropriate time. At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. You will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
We are looking for an enthusiastic communicator currently studying a related degree to join Leonardo's UK digital communications team on a year-long placement.
The company's online activities are rapidly expanding and this role supports the daily management and creative output of all the company's UK digital channels (including the website and social media channels) in order to promote the company brand and raise awareness of our work in the UK.
The position sits within the overall UK communications department and would offer the individual the opportunity to work with other specialisms including media relations, internal communications and multimedia.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Communications (UK) the role includes:
- Daily 'real-time' management and monitoring of the company's corporate social media platforms
- Daily management of the company website
- Managing and monitoring of the company's wider online presence
- Creation of original online campaign content including writing, videography etc (working as required alongside communications colleagues)
- Supporting any communications crisis management activities
- Providing project support to the wider UK communications team
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
The individual will have:
- A predicted grade of 2:1 or higher
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge of the major social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr)
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programmes
- The ability work as a team but also to work proactively under pressure and to tight timescales
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
In addition the following experience would be of value:
- Experience working with Google analytics and other online analytical tools
- Demonstrable knowledge of website design and editing (ideally including Liferay)
- Knowledge of photo-editing and video-editing programmes such as PhotoShop, GIMP and Premiere