Industrial Placement IT Service Operation Analyst
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company? Leonardo’s Industrial Placement Programme offers you a paid opportunity to develop your current skillset in an innovative and practical environment that can lead to a place on our award winning Graduate programme for engineers and business professionals of the future.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented individuals who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
The 6 month – 1 year Industrial Placement Programme
We have created a programme across our UK site that not only increases your technical skills but gives you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible.
Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergraduate years and hopefully offer you a place on our 2 year Graduate Development programme at an appropriate time. At Leonardo, we have some of the Industry’s most sophisticated technology at our fingertips, and we rely on having the very best employees to maintain our competitive edge. You will be working for a company at the cutting edge of technology, as well as enhancing your skills and business acumen, opening up your horizons to the diverse and dynamic ways in which your degree can be used.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Industrial Placement IT Service Operation Analyst Job Description
- Act as subject matter expert and recognised owner within the IT Service Operations team for assigned core and supporting service operation processes.
- Provide support for a variety of day-to-day IT service operational improvement initiatives and activities at Edinburgh and across other assigned UK Site locations.
- Subject matter expert and recognised owner within IT Service Operations for assigned and specified activities relating to the execution of core Service Operation Processes (Incident Management, Problem Management, Event Management, Access Management and Request Fulfilment).
- Take ownership for managing assigned supporting processes (e.g. Communications, Customer Satisfaction, Catalogue Management, Knowledge Management, Data Analysis, Reporting, Service Transition interface, Continuous Service Improvement etc.)
- Act as day-to-day site point of contact for assigned IT matters, analysing each requirement to ensure it is filtered and assigned correctly for resolution across the wider IT Team.
- Proactively provide support, guidance and training to the business as required in the use of IT facilities.
- Provide support to the Service Operations Team and wider IT Team as directed.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Technical Aspects (Desktop, Directory Services, Network, Server, Database etc.)
- IT Service Operation Processes (e.g. Incident Management, Problem Management, Request Fulfilment, Access Management and Event Management)
- Other IT Service lifecycle stages (e.g. Service Transition and / or Continuous Service Improvement)
- Service Desk operation Applications Development / Management
- Project Management