Team Tempest Early Careers Programmes 2022
Are you looking to work on the next major military aircraft programme in the UK?
Do you enjoy thinking about the future of technology and exploring problems that haven’t been thought of yet?
Can you work with uncertainty, challenge assumptions and define potential solutions to a science or engineering problem?
Our early career roles on the Tempest related programmes are ideal for people wanting to progress their development and the opportunity to have a helping hand in shaping the future of military air capability for the 21st century. Being part of one of these teams will have you working on problems of today to advance us to solving the problems of tomorrow. There will be many challenges; however you will be supported through them by excellent experienced scientists and engineers together with access to training and on the job opportunities.
- Experience focused system design and early lifecycle working
- Be involved experimentation and research tasks
- Lab and field work
Apply today to discuss what that could be for you!
What you will get
- Diverse opportunities throughout your career to work on different stages of product development product types.
- Support to career development on the job and off the job via your Project teams and the Function to help your progression.
- Custom working opportunities, flexible benefits and a wide variety of extra activities and groups to join or get involved.
- Support to mentoring and professional development towards industry accreditations.
What you will do
- Work with our partners and customers to elicit what they need from future military air capability
- Support research opportunities to see how we can exploit new thinking into the future
- Experiment and support testing in both lab and field environments
- Contribute to architectural designs, systems modelling and sub-system understanding
- Engage in trade-off discussions and solution generation
What we are looking for
- 5 years residency in the UK as a minimum
- Science, engineering or maths based educational background to degree level
- Proven aptitude for problem solving, solution generation and
- Demonstrable ability to collaborate with others from diverse backgrounds
- Understand and capture needs of people, organisations and other systems
- Collect, analyse and simplify complex information to be communicated to different audiences