Business Development Executive
Leyton UK Ltd is a leading consultancy firm with a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. Leyton represents a wide international market network around the world.
Currently in the UK, our specific expertise is in the optimisation of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits, R&D grants, Patent Box and HR/support.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. Our remuneration package is very attractive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company’s overall achievements. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for the UK offer the opportunity to progress quickly in terms of promotion.
About the role
We service a wide variety of customers across all sectors of industry therefore the Business Development Executive role will involve visiting a variety of different businesses. The Business Developers main responsibility is to generate new business accounts through face to face sales, telephone lead generation and networking; while being supported by a telesales team. Target markets are the SME sector as well as large national accounts.
What you will be doing
- Managing the full sales cycle including tenders/proposals
- Work closely with all Leyton departments and business units to ensure all necessary reports and documents are completed accurately and on time
- Directly reporting into the Managing Partner while working autonomously as well as providing guidance and assistance to fellow team members
- Field based role involving regular travel. You will be working nationally with an expected split of 1 to 2 days in the office and 3 to 4 days in the field
- Business Development Executives are expected to make a minimum of 100 cold calls per week and attend 18 meetings a month
- Meetings are generated through your own lead generation and also through a dedicated London & Glasgow based telesales team
What they're looking for
- Proven significant field sales experience
- Outstanding communication skills; have to ability to be confident, articulate and can demonstrate persuasive force
- Ability to work autonomously
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Willingness to travel UK wide