Construction Contracts Manager Graduate Programme 2021
It’s obvious really. Our heading-grabbing success has led to a massive investment in refurbishment and creation of new Lidl GB Stores, warehouses and supporting infrastructure. Lidl plans to accelerate its UK store openings and take its total to 1,000 by 2023 and we are looking for a confident and motived contracts manager to support this acceleration. Bring your existing knowledge of construction projects and contract negotiations and be part of it.
In brief, it’s about planning, negotiating, supervising, presenting, communication and coordinating. Our company-side obsession with quality is just as evident in our approach to construction. We have big plans, so you will love this deadline-focused role where your vital contribution will be evident to all, this could be the ideal role for you.
What you'll do
- Appointing and managing store builds at a national level
- Manage supplier agreements and conduct regular reviews of operating procedures making recommendations for improvement
- Monitoring quality of appointed national projects through KPI reporting
- Liaising with the stores design team to ensure collaborative development of the business and effective team working
- Supporting regional team in execution of projects through regular operations meetings and reports and support to colleagues
- Updating national procedures, polices and processes and ensure that these are effectively communicated and implements within the contract
- Delivering effective business communications through review, reporting, briefings, presenting in team meetings and creating executive summaries as and when appropriate
- Presenting projects and plans in front of large audiences (up to board level)
- Build and maintain effective relationship with external consultants and key contacts
- Ensure that all matters that may impact the smooth running of the building are reported to senior management and fixed immediately
- Demonstrate a willingness to travel for off-site visits, development days and training
- Identify and deliver opportunities for cost savings and cost avoidance
What you'll need
- A graduate in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management with practical experience within a construction environment
- Experienced Contract Manager, managing large, complex, long-term contracts
- Sound commercial knowledge
- Excellent senior level internal & external stakeholder management
- Excellent eye for detail
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Proven negotiation, organisational and problem-solving skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Equal comfort working within a team and on your own
- Experience or knowledge of project management and comfortable working in a multi projects
- Fluent German language skills (desirable)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £42,000 - £53,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.