Operational Audit Graduate Programme
This is it - your chance to experience life at Lidl in our Operational Audit Graduate Programme.
The first year of the programme is about developing expertise and management capabilities in our growing business, rotating through the three key areas; stores, logistics and supply chain, within our Regional Distribution Centre’s (RDC’s) as well as gaining your first Audit experience. When you start the programme you'll also start the Internal Audit Practitioner level 4 qualification, which can be studied alongside your work commitments and will make you a qualified Internal Auditor.
In your second year you will be based at our brand new state of the art Head Office in Tolworth, Surrey in the Internal Audit team, reporting to senior business leaders. Here you will be applying what you have learnt in year 1, to audit all areas of our business in GB - ensuring that they are adhering to legal requirements, company policies and procedures.
This experience will give you bags of responsibility and the chance to grow with the business, with possible opportunities to develop into another function in the future. This programme is a 23 - month contract.
This is a great opportunity for German speaking Graduates that have graduated in the last 4 years.
What you'll do
Year 1 – Regional Training based in a Regional Distribution Centre (RDC)
- Sales - Within store you will start as a Customer Assistant working up to Deputy Manager, and you’ll understand the basics of Lidl while taking on some management responsibilities, giving you a well-rounded view of how our stores operate.
- Logistics – The training will give you a great insight into our warehousing operations. You’ll learn how to select products for orders, manage deliveries and gain exposure into managing a team of up to 200 people!
- Supply Chain – Here you’ll gain experience in an office-based environment. You’ll learn how to order more than 2,400 products to ensure availability in our stores and get a wide overview of supplier management.
- Audit – After each training period you will work with an Audit colleagues to gain experience in the Audit role.
Year 2 – Internal Audit based in the Head Office with national travel (50%)
- Preparation of audits
- Conducting audits in stores and other departments within the business
- Making recommendations for future improvement
- Analysis of audit results and creation of audit reports
- Developing and improving audit concepts and workflows
- Liaising with colleagues nationally and internationally
- Ad hoc project
What you'll need
- German language are essential for this role and will be tested during the application process
- A 2:2 degree or above in any discipline by September 2021 or within the last 4 years
- Possession of a full UK driving licence by September 2021
- Flexibility to travel for approximately 50% of the role
- Excellent communicator, who can communicate confidently with people across all levels of the business
- The ability to multi-task and handle conflicting deadlines
- Highly organised with excellent attention for detail
- Passionate about the food retail industry
- Already live - or happy to relocate - within a one-hour commute of Lidl GB Head Office in Tolworth, Surrey
- Experience in either Sales, Logistics, Supply Chain, Audit, HR or IT would be beneficial
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Virtual Assessment Day will be held in April 2021
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career. We're proud to offer a competitive salary of £37,000 with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting, company car and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in-store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.