Graduate Cost Manager 2021
Are you looking for a career with a leading global organisation, working on a dynamic range of projects? Linesight has been providing professional consultancy services, management support and strategic advice to the global construction industry since 1974. We offer you the opportunity to progress your career, work on exciting projects with world-renowned clients, and be a part of a fast-growing, fast-paced global team.
We have deep domain knowledge and experience spanning a multitude of sectors including Commercial, Data Centres, Life Sciences, Healthcare, High-Tech Industrial, Hospitality, Education, Residential and Retail. As an organisation, we seek out innovative self-starters with the skills to deliver exceptional outcomes for our clients, and the desire to shape the environments in which we live.
We are interested in hearing from graduates who are keen to develop their career in a dynamic environment which offers a broad range of experience whilst working on challenging and exciting projects. All Graduates enter the Linesight Graduate Programme where your knowledge of Linesights business will be developed.
All Graduate Cost Managers will enter the Chartership Programme where Linesight will provide the necessary training, support and guidance to assist you in achieving Chartership status. This is an excellent opportunity to become a member of our team and join an international cost consultancy.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepare estimates and cost plans using CostX Software
- Prepare standard documentation – reports, valuations, letters, financial reports
- Prepare tender documents as required by procurement choice
- Analyse tenders and prepare tender reports at all stages of procurement
- Prepare valuations and cost reports; re-measure as necessary and adjust variations
- Assist in the settlement of construction disputes/loss and expense claims
- Prepare and agree final accounts
Desired Experience and Education
- Relevant honours degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, self-motivated and resourceful