HR Graduate 2021
The HR Advisor will support the HRBP to achieve the HR team’s strategic objectives and take the HR lead on a range of different projects and responsibilities. The HR Advisor will partner with client groups and will be the first point of contact for all employees on all HR functions including recruitment, performance management, employee relations, The HR Advisor will support the HRBP mainly focused on attracting, retaining our talents and will also be responsible of the effective implementation and recording of key administrative processes and policies within HR.
The HR Advisor will act as a “Change Agent” to support cultural changes across the business, driving a culture of empowerment, feed-back, development, simplification, digitalization.
- Proactively source and actively recruit client advisors – this includes the full 360 recruitment process from recruitment brief and sourcing, behavioural based interview process through to contract generation and administering reference checks as well as offers and payroll onboarding.
- Build a network of candidates through proactive search, professional networks and education partnerships.
- Promote the brand within the network; conduct exploratory interviews.
- Educate wider HR team & key stakeholders about recruitment trends, challenges and best practice.
- Support HRBP in the coordination of other recruitment processes.
- Undertake the administration related to all HR processes, in particular:
- Starters and Leavers
- Manage HR systems
- Ensure that employees’ files are compliant with audit
- Record and monitor staff absences
- Provide data to the Payroll Accountant to prepare payroll
- Employment references
- Ensure a clear Starters/Leavers process being compliant with the UK regulations in terms of employment.
Keep a record of all relevant information for internal use respecting the GDPR regulations.
- Ensure the organization and smooth running of all HR led internal events.
- Keep up-to-date the HR information on the new intranet system and generate new content if needed.
- Prepare announcements and other HR communications to be checked and sent by the HRBP and HRD.
- Lead & Drive simplification, digitalisation projects.
- Identify actions to streamline our ways of working.
- Guide management through progressive discipline procedures (Disciplinaries and Performance Correction processes).
- Conduct investigations, attend disciplinaries and grievances to take notes.
- Identify and respond to trends within client groups (e.g. reasons for leaving, difficulties within teams).
Complete monthly HR reports (turnover, headcount, recruitment & mobility), provide data for the annual social report & share relevant data, analysis about trends with the key stakeholders.
Graduate degree level
Professional experience & know how
- Previous administrative experience.
- Client facing experience desirable.
- Exposure to fast-paced environment.
- Powerpoint, Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency.
Personal & interpersonal skills
- Relationship oriented
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Pro-active working style
- Planning and organization
- Attention to details
- Problem solving