Business Controlling Graduate Internship 2021
Support the Controlling Team in ensuring financial targets are met, identifying business risks and opportunities through monthly reporting and analysis. Input across the whole P&L, supporting both Business Controllers on NSI, MI, and A&P.
Reporting / Analysis
- Run and publish daily sales report to follow the business activity, liaise with Customer Service and Commercial Planning team
- Publish monthly forecast review (volume sold/on order)
- Support monthly reporting with regions: assist D+1 (volume report) and D+7 (P&L), in collaboration with other business controllers
- Strongly involved in building monthly Management Report: develop analysis regarding business situation and period of year
- Full ownership of the controlling of a business unit
- Year To Date P&L analysis vs. Last Year and vs. Forecast
- Ad-hoc analysis (5-year plan, pricing analysis, business simulation)
- Full ownership of the controlling of the Logistic costs, in collaboration with the Supply Chain manager: accruals for month-end closing, ad-hoc analysis, forecasting
- Be the first point of contact and key controller for the Republic of Ireland P&L, responsibly for all financial reporting and monthly closing tasks
- Support Business Controllers in MHUK monthly closing
- Assist production of weekly PO and POSM reports and support forecast reviews with Sales
- Support on Brand budgets and Brand reports, participating in monthly catch ups with Marketing
- Ad-hoc support on A&P topics
- Involved in forecasting (Budget, Last Estimate)
- Support the Business Controllers on Marginal Income simulation, preparation of the financials for marketing brand plans, input in Topaz (Essbase MH reporting tool)
- Assist the team in day-to-day activity, presentation, internal or external request.
- Work closely with markets on COGNOS/SAP/TOPAZ reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc projects on process simplification and efficiency.
What we’re looking for
Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree with specialisation in Finance / Audit / Controlling.
Professional experience & know how: Experience in a Reporting or Controlling position preferred.
Technical & management skills
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS)
- MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- SAP, Cognos, Essbase are a plus
Personal & Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Communication skills