MEP Service Graduate Scheme London 2022
Responsible for assisting in the management of the MEP services delivery, health & safety and subcontractor performance and wellbeing, whilst liaising with the client, main contractor and consultants. To learn and develop core knowledge and skills showing, drive & enthusiasm whilst taking responsibility for their own professional development.
- The employee takes responsibility for their actions, leads by example and acts in an ethical, legal and responsible way. Is self-aware and makes the most of their talent, skills and resourcefulness.
- Efficiently manages resources and tasks whilst collaborating internally and with external stakeholders. Take ownership when resolving problems, identifying, solving challenges.
- Adapts and reacts well to changing priorities, delivers results and exceeds client satisfaction in addition to acting inclusively by treating people with respect in a fair and consistent manner.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate Engineering related degree (expected or obtained) Engineering degrees are preferred
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
- Assisting with production and agreement of weekly dependency schedule production to progress works in line with programme.
- Assisting with monitoring and recording of weekly look ahead plan for resource and progress.
- Attendance of weekly programme coordination / look ahead meeting with developing understanding of dependencies, problems posed and available resolutions.
- Assisting with the management and sequencing of sub-subcontractors in line with programme requirements.
- Assisting with production & supporting the management of handover paperwork and process.
- Assisting with production of progress drop lines and marked up progress drawings and photos.
Health & Safety
- Assisting the monitoring and auditing of installation works to ensure compliance with Mace processes.
- Assisting the monitoring and auditing of installation works to ensure compliance with project strategies / plans.
- Assisting the monitoring of Sub-subcontractor health and safety documentation ensuring validity.
- Assisting the monitoring and auditing of supply chain works onsite in line with approved RAMS.
- Assisting the monitoring of Mechanical and Electrical Safe System of Works.
- Production of EHS inspections & reporting on YJ.
- Assisting with collation of sub-sub-contractors issued environmental data.
- Attendance at daily safe start / site co-ordination meetings.
- Attendance throughout the morning safe start process each day.
- Attendance at Main Contractor and Sub-Contractor health & safety meetings.
- Assisting with monitoring of supply chain toolbox talks.
- Assisting the management of supply chain inductions.
- Not Confidential - Internal
- Assisting the management of permit to work process.
- Supporting the management of Sub-subcontractors’ scope & demarcations onsite.
- Assist with the production of the project risk register.
- Assist with the production of the weekly dependency schedule production to progress works in line with programme.
- Assist with monitoring recording of weekly look ahead plan for resource and progress.
- Assist with production of detailed site instruction via descriptions, sketches, site photos for incorporation by the commercial team.
- Assist with production of detailed BWIC requests via descriptions, sketches, site photos for incorporation by the commercial team
Quality Assurance & Commissioning
- Assisting management of the trade to trade handover process.
- Assisting in the management of the Sub-subcontractor benchmarking process.
- Assisting in the management of the supply chain snagging and de-snagging process.
- Assisting in the management and production of the Mace MEP Quality Assurance process documentation.
- Assisting in the management of the Sub-subcontractors during the commissioning phase.
- Assisting in the monitoring and auditing of installation works to ensure compliance with project strategies.
- Assisting in the monitoring and auditing of MEP installation works to ensure compliance with construction status drawings i.e. line and level throughout the installation duration, spot checks to be undertaken.
- Assisting in the monitoring and auditing of construction installation works to ensure compliance with MEP requirements, i.e. builds work holes, riser opening dimensions.
- Attendance at Quality Assurance meetings with detailed understanding of areas completed.
- Developing knowledge of both engineering bias (mechanical & electrical), including installation techniques, best practice and single system commissioning requirements.
- Developing knowledge of construction build elements, including sequencing and dependencies.
- Assisting in the monitoring of sub-sub-contractors delivery sequencing via logistics booking software.
- Assisting in the management of Mace MEP logistics contractor(s).
- Assisting in the management of good, delivered receipts.
- Assisting in the management of goods received / handed over to the supply chain.
- Assisting in the management of work areas to ensure site tidiness.
- Assisting in the management of clear up notices assisting the commercial team.
- Assisting in the management of installed works protection.
- Attendance at logistic meetings.