Project Management Consultancy Graduate Programme - Utilities - Dublin
Mace offers its clients a fully comprehensive project management consultancy service supporting the development and implementation of major Utilities Projects, we provide a flexible and highly bespoke service based on a well proven formula for delivery. Regardless of the scale or complexity of a project, we employ and refine our systems and processes to provide control, governance and transparency from inception to completion. In every decision we make, we challenge and work diligently to find the most efficient and cost-effective outcome. As an agile, focused and flexible partner we adopt a value-driven strategy to define and articulate project objectives, before identifying the most effective means to deliver.
As a graduate in Project Management in the Utilities sector, you will work on complex programmes working closely with clients and consultants through all stages of the construction lifecycle. You will gain exposure to both consultancy and construction delivery.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs.
- Preparation of tender documents
- Contributing to Project Execution Plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling.
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation.
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently.
- Monitoring project progress, and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties.
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and look to mitigate where possible.
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices.
- Providing general support and assistance to the project manager.
Your work base will be flexible and could be in one of Mace offices, at a client’s office or facility, or in a designer’s studio. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
Professional Qualification Routes
Graduates working in project management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with either the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), depending on your degree.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained). Engineering degrees are preferred but we will consider high quality applications from graduates who have studied other related degrees.
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.