Automotive Graduate Engineer 2021
MAHLE Powertrain is a global engineering consultancy that specialises in the design, development and integration both of advanced internal combustion engines and of electrified powertrain systems. Our dual technological strategy is the further optimisation of internal combustion engines and, at the same time, leading the development of electro-mobility.
Striving to master new challenges and persistently searching for even better solutions are the foundation of our everyday work. A love for cars and automotive technology underscores everything we do. These are the factors that drive us to find even better solutions that move our customers forward consistently and foster excitement.
We are seeking exceptional Graduate Engineers in automotive, mechanical or mechatronics engineering disciplines to join our agile Graduate Development Programme – which is one of the key elements of our internal talent development activities - and contribute to the realisation of our technological strategy and further growth of our technical capabilities.
Your Skills & Strengths
What professional development will we provide for you?
- A 2 Year Graduate Development Programme, commencing in September 2021
- First year consists of numerous departmental rotations, live customer project experience with the exposure to a selection of engineering disciplines such as design, predictive analysis, performance development, electrification, hybridisation, Real Driving Emissions (RDE) development, controls and software, instrumentation, testing facilities development and automated testing
- Second year focuses on specific, on-the-job technical training within one of our exciting departments to aid individual progression into a specific engineering pathway
- Opportunity to gain exposure to new technologies as well and learn new technical skills
- Extensive interpersonal and business skills development, diverse learning experiences
- Opportunity to become a STEM Ambassador
- Mentoring and coaching from our experienced engineers and leaders, individual development planning
- Ongoing progression reviews to support your development
- Opportunity to build your international network within the MAHLE Group
- Continuous professional training adhering to appropriate professional body to support the achievement of relevant Chartered status
What makes you stand out?
- By Sept 2021 you will have obtained a min. 2:1 Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Automotive, Mechatronics or equivalent)
- You gathered Undergraduate Placement experience during your studies
- You participated in extracurricular activities, such as Formula Student or equivalent
- You are passionate about the automotive industry and interested to expand your skillset in future-oriented technologies, such as hybridisation and electrification
- You are flexible and aspire to work in a dynamic project environment with the exposure to different customers and technologies
- You are willing to grow and take ownership for your personal and professional development
- You are curious and driven by a desire to understand problems, identify the cause and apply the best possible solution given
What would your future job offer?
- Competitive salary with regular progression reviews whilst on the Graduate Development Programme
- 25 Days holiday and statutory entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Private Health cover after 12 months
- More@MAHLE employee benefit scheme would offer you discounts on shopping, food & drink, entertainment, health & fitness, tech and motoring
- Creative & dynamic working environment
- Electric charging point for use depending on availability