Engineering Industrial Placement 2021
MAHLE Powertrain is a global engineering consultancy that specialises in the design, development and integration both of advanced internal combustion engines and of electrified powertrain systems. Our dual technological strategy is the further optimisation of internal combustion engines and, at the same time, leading the development of electro-mobility.
Striving to master new challenges and persistently searching for even better solutions are the foundation of our everyday work. A love for cars and automotive technology underscores everything we do. These are the factors that drive us to find even better solutions that move our customers forward consistently and foster excitement.
We are seeking exceptional undergraduate engineers in mechanical, mechatronics, electrical and software engineering disciplines to contribute to the realisation of our technological strategy and to the growth and development of our engineering team. You will help to shape the future within the constantly evolving automotive industry.
Your Skills & Strengths
What professional development will we provide for you?
- One of 4 twelve month placements at our Northampton site, commencing in September 2020
- Opportunities to develop your technical and interpersonal skills
- Practical experience in one of our main departments, such as Research & Advanced Engineering, Design, Analysis, Development, Calibration or Build & Test
- Innovative live projects from day one, which will have a direct impact on our business
- Opportunity to become a STEM Ambassador
- Friendly & supportive working environment
- Opportunity to gain fast track access to our graduate programme once you have completed your studies, along with financial support during your final years of education
What makes you stand out?
- Studying towards a MEng or BEng Degree in Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Systems and Control Engineering, Robotics or Instrumentation
- Flexibility, passion to deliver, analytical thinking and collaboration with a real interest in the future of powertrains
- Extra-curricular activities would be advantageous
What would your future job offer?
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days holiday and statutory entitlement
- Creative & dynamic working environment
- Electric charging point for use depending on availability