Business Development Associate (SMB) London 2024
Discover our galaxy.
Malt was founded in 2013 and, since then, we have managed to become the fastest growing freelance marketplace, gathering a community of 550k+freelancers, 70k+ companies, and 700+ Malters.
We’ve built the industry’s leadingfreelance management solution — all on a powerful, data driven tech platform — to match companies with the right freelance talent. But we’re more than just a connector.
Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more. It’s all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast! We need people like you to help us write this next chapter.
We are a tech company with a human approach
- Strong company culture fueled by 700+ Malters from 40+ nationalities
- Multiple offices per country (United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, the Netherlands, the Nordics, Switzerland and the UAE)
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
Explore your future career
Following a Series D round of funding and our acquisition of COMATCH, we are now not just the European’s largest marketplace for freelance tech and digital talent, but also for independent consultants. In the heart of London, we are assembling a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team to drive accelerated growth.
As individuals, we are a highly commercial and ambitious team with a passion for business. We strive to always maintain a fun, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are looking for a curious and ambitious Business Development Associate to support the Business Development team in establishing Malt’s presence in the UK market, with a focus on the SMB market.
- Proactively support the SMB team to approach and acquire new clients through the identification of new business opportunities and unique pitches
- Build a strategy to penetrate new accounts and new industries, as well as develop existing ones.
- Define and execute outreach strategy for project growth
- Participate in key account meetings, networking events, etc.
- Contribute to local and global meetings with BDA, SMB, and sales teams
- 1+ years experience working as a BDA/SDR
- Confident communicator with a persuasive and engaging writing style
- Previous experience working in a professional environment is advantageous, particularly within a B2B/ Marketing/ Consulting/ Investment Banking/ Start-up sector
- Fast learner with a strong initiative and drive to make an impact
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, a true team player
- Able to travel within the UK along with occasional trips to Paris (HQ)
How to join the mission
- Screening with Lucie, Talent Acquisition Specialist and Lena, BDM, to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions. (30-45 minutes)
- Interview with Tommy, BDA Team Lead, to discuss your experience and how it would align with this role (45-60 minutes)
- Case study and in person interview with Charlie (Country Head UK) and Ollie (Account Manager SMB) (1 hour)
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Annual leave: 30 days/year
- Sabbatical: 1 month paid sabbatical once you've been with Malt for 3 years
- Bonus scheme: Opportunity to earn based on your performance!
- Stock options: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to your career, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Private health insurance: Rewarded for healthy living by our UK provider Vitality
- Cycle to work scheme: Save on a bike and equipment
- Season ticket loan: Save on public transport
- Pension: Malt contributes 5% through Aviva
- Dog friendly office: In the heart of London!
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt!