Marsh Advisory Placement Programme 2021- London
About the Programme
This is a Year-long Industrial Placement commencing summer 2020.
Working alongside actuaries and analysts in the Analytics Solutions team, you will assist with the actuarial analysis for major corporate clients and internal stakeholders.
Motivated and inquisitive, you will ideally be studying a numerical degree with some knowledge of the London Insurance Market. This role is an integral part of enabling the delivery of our strategy to drive growth through analytics.
Working in concert with the Sales team, the analysis created by you will support new and expanded revenue and client retention efforts.
What do we value?
- On track to receive a 2:1
- Numerical or engineering degree (or Maths A-Level)
- In order to apply, candidates must be eligible to work in the UK or Republic of Ireland
- No Visa sponsorship
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as a team
- MS Excel, MS Access and MS VBA skills
- Understanding of basic insurance concepts
What is a typical ‘Day in the Life’ of a Marsh Advisory Graduate
- Support the technical actuarial input into the risk finance process and other Marsh actuarial engagements.
- Help identify opportunities to use actuarial science to add value to Marsh clients and the Marsh business.
- Provide technical support, and work alongside members of the Analytics Solutions team.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time and to the high standards required of Marsh.
- Work with Marsh Global Analytics Solutions to drive consistency and best practices.
What’s in it for you?
- Company with a strong brand and strong results to match
- Culture-collaboration, values, ‘people business’
- Employee Resource Groups which promote the many background and perspectives of our colleagues
- Volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations.
- Benefits e.g. competitive salary, pension and holidays
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive.