Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. We enable clients to grow, innovate and create value by helping them understand and better manage the risks they face, and ensuring they have the resiliency to withstand the unexpected. Marsh partners with clients to turn uncertainty into opportunity. We have more than 30,000 colleagues working together to serve our clients in more than 130 countries, out of approximately 500 offices worldwide. We provide risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations and individuals around the world.
Marsh Client Advisory Services (CAS) Placement
This is a Year-long Industrial Placement commencing summer 2020.
Reporting to a senior analyst in the Marsh Risk Analytics team, you will assist with the actuarial analysis for major corporate clients and internal stakeholders. Motivated and inquisitive, you will ideally be studying a numerical degree with some knowledge of the London Insurance Market. This role is an integral part of enabling the delivery of our strategy to drive growth through analytics. Working in concert with the Sales team, the analysis created by you will support new and expanded revenue and client retention efforts.
- Support the technical actuarial input into the risk finance process and other Marsh actuarial engagements.
- Help identify opportunities to use actuarial science to add value to Marsh clients and the Marsh business.
- Provide technical support, and work alongside members of the Marsh Risk Analytics team.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time and to the high standards required of Marsh.
- Work with Marsh Global Analytics to drive consistency and best practices.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work as a team
- MS Excel, MS Access and MS VBA skills
- Understanding of basic insurance concepts
Marsh offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Diversity Matters at Marsh
At Marsh, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact.