Mercer Career Internship 2020
We’re Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer has more than 22,000 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people.
Mercer is uniquely qualified to help organisations design and execute sophisticated workforce strategies, whether it’s for a multinational organisation or a local company attempting to grow within its market. We provide best-in-class consulting, rigorous analytics, and data-driven insights that help organisations make fact-based decisions
We offer great opportunities for Interns within our two main divisions of Careers: General Career and Executive Reward Career.
General Career Intern
Mercer's Career Consultants work with clients around the world to engage their most important assets, their people. They partner with board members, senior executives, and HR leaders to optimise business performance through strategies that better manage, reward, and engage their people. Mercer brings clients a range of integrated solutions across four practice areas: Leadership & Workforce Transformation, Communications, Reward & Talent and Executive Reward.
The first step in your career with Mercer’s Career business is as an Intern with the view of progressing to our Graduate Scheme after completion. Graduate Analysts work with a broad range of clients and industries, participating as a member of project teams to diagnose issues and design strategic solutions.
Executive Reward Career Intern
The Career Internship role in Executive Reward requires a more data analytical mind and will be involved in simple to medium complexity analysis and data modelling. Analysts typically work with standard tools and methodologies including TSR analysis, executive benchmarking, target-setting, etc. The Analysts conducts simple report analysis and contributes to data analysis for client proposals using Mercer’s in-house technology to run reports and extract market data to use in the production of analysis.
What a typical day looks like
- Provide quantitative and qualitative analytical support to senior consultants and project teams
- Conduct research and analysis to understand industry and organisation-specific issues, including business strategy, corporate performance, compensation and rewards practices and trends
- Analyse clients' strategic, financial, and organisational information to provide insights that will develop into career strategies and solutions
- Perform financial analyses of industry sectors and client peer groups
- Collaborate with project team on most effective ways to structure analyses and present information to meet client objectives
- Prepare client presentations, presented to boards of directors, senior executives, and HR leaders
What we value
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Understanding of sales process and commercial considerations
- Enthusiasm to learn
What's in it for me?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organisations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- In your penultimate year of University and on track to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree
- Legal work authorisation to work in the UK on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organisations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.