Who we are
We’re Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. But if you’re applying for graduate roles, all of these descriptions are probably starting to blur into one. What would you actually be doing if you join us?
We are currently looking for a talented and ambitious Retirement Analyst to join our Wealth Analytical Services team in Belfast. This is an opportunity to join an established centre of excellence, specialising in a wide range of retirement solutions, providing technical expertise and support to our European Retirement markets. We are looking for strong team players with excellent communication skills, business acumen, alongside the core technical skills. This is an opportunity to fulfil a fundamental role in providing pension solutions across our wide range of services. We tailor the range of services to support and develop an individual’s skills now and into the future.
- Working as part of a team on complex defined benefit modelling using advanced actuarial skills and techniques, specialising in complex UK and European pension solutions
- Provide detailed analysis of pension membership data, preparation of valuation data and data reconciliation
- Contribute to continuous improvement by creating new ways of working through process design, implementation and optimisation
- Develop expertise in excel, VBA and Mercer in house technology enabling high quality IT and product solution development
- Working in partnership and developing relationships with internal teams to deliver a streamlined service to other lines of business within Mercer
- Managing workload across multiple services with a focus on agility, allowing scalability and adaptability in the services and solutions we provide
Requirements and skills
- Educated to degree level (minimum 2:1) in a numerical or semi-numerical degree.
- An interest in financial markets and an understanding of how UK pension schemes operate
- Willingness to complete relevant professional qualifications
- Self-motivated, eagerness to learn and to keep up to date with the respective industry trends and market conditions
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office, in particular Excel.
At Mercer, we want to leverage the unique skills that each person brings to the company. We provide all colleagues with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you! Take a look at our @lifeatMercer twitter feed to get a flavour for what you might be getting up to.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organisations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.