Mercer Wealth Graduate Programme (Governance & Pensions Management Analyst) Manchester September 2024
Mercer is a global consulting leader in Health, Wealth and Career. Join Mercer as a Graduate Governance & Pensions Management Analyst and discover how we support companies, trustee boards and individuals to make better, more informed, decisions about their retirement plans, long-term savings, investment strategies and managing risk. The nature of the industry is changing and at Mercer we are excited to be leading this change!
Our Graduate Programme
We are on the lookout for the best talent to join our graduate development programme and have positions available within our Governance & Pensions Management and Actuarial teams. It’s an intense programme, aimed at developing both your technical and consulting skills and designed to fast track you to working with clients. You will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry! If you want to tackle new challenges, develop a breadth of skills, be a part of a growing business and have fun at the same time, read on.
What can you expect?
- You will be part of a team supporting our defined benefit trustee clients, ensuring they run their pension scheme effectively.
- You will be involved in all aspects of client delivery including secretarial services for trustee meetings, project management, relationship building and more.
- This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of client activity and build relationships with clients early in your career.
- Successful applicants will be supported through the Associate of the Pensions Management Institute (APMI) qualification.
What will you be rewarded with?
- The chance to operate within a large global organisation that is incredibly passionate about how it works and cares for its clients across the world.
- Excellent development, career mobility and advancement opportunities.
- Client exposure, across a variety of disciplines, at an early stage.
- A focus on developing your analytical and consulting skills, and softer skills alongside.
- Exposure to working with some of the best people in the industry.
- Making an impact – we work with major organisations and our work affects millions of people every day (it’s true, we’ve done the maths!).
- Substantial and flexible study support package allowing you to gain a professional exam qualification.
- Competitive salary and benefits package including: 25 days annual leave, up to 4 days of flexible bank holidays, excellent pension contributions, private medical cover, life assurance, income protection, employee assistance program, plus a range of flexible benefits including the option to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday per year, cycle to work, dental insurance, health assessments plus many more.
- We believe that work-life balance is important and offer a hybrid working model that nurtures a collaborative working environment in the office 3 days a week and remote work for 2 days a week.
- We also provide access to Employee Resource Groups that create supportive communities around various topics, including race & ethnicity, disabilities, and gender.
What makes you stand out?
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
- Analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Natural proactivity, organisational, presentational and project management skills.
- Ability to work in teams, be flexible and agile.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and respond to changing client needs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office — Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What you need to have
- You will have achieved a minimum of a 2:1 in your degree discipline or be on track to achieve this.
- Right to Work in the UK (we are unable to provide Visa sponsorship for this role).
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s approximately 25,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with more than 85,000 colleagues and annual revenue of over $20 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit mercer.com. Follow Mercer on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age background, civil partnership status, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, gender reassignment, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin color, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments in accordance with applicable law to any candidate with a disability to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. If you have a disability that may require reasonable adjustments, please contact us at TAUK@mmc.com
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one “anchor day” per week on which their full team will be together in person.