Graduate Civil Engineer 2021
Project Centre is a leading design, engineering and landscape architecture consultancy that is passionate about designing places for the people that use them. We offer a range of services focused on providing our clients with the very best planning, design and engineering solutions. Our approach to integrated design produces award winning results that have won international recognition. Led by a forward thinking management team we work together in multi-disciplinary teams that provide services that are well thought-out and sustainable.
People are our business and we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and job applicants irrespective of sex, marital status, disability, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religious belief, age, social background or sexual orientation. We provide fair and accessible learning opportunities for all, including team leaders and managers, and for business and support functions supporting others.
Project Centre is part of the Marston Holdings group of companies that employs over 5,000 people worldwide.
We work with public and private sector clients, providing a whole range of consultancy services. Some of our staff are provided with opportunities to work in client offices to help them provide parking management, planning or design services. This gives our people an opportunity to learn and understand how transportation schemes are developed and delivered, understanding where the money comes from and why it’s invested in certain areas - buses, cycles, safety, parking control, road improvements etc.
We also work with private clients to support them to develop transport plans for their development sites, ensuring that the roads will work and that people using their development have other transport options other than just cars.
There are many stages in-between and many specialisms required to develop a project; from collection and analysis of baseline data to production of design options, complex computer modelling, detailed design, specification of materials, construction phasing etc. There are a long list of roles required to move a project from “I think we need to improve this” to a finished product.
The role is based from our Kings Cross, London Office, however due to current government guidelines, we are working remotely.
A bit about the role:
- To assist in the delivery of a range of Major highway Infrastructure projects relating to developing designs (Concept, Preliminary & Detailed Design stages) construction details for high quality, cost effective, innovative and durable designs.
- To undertake; site surveys, analysing complex data, writing reports, managing project tasks and preparing technical designs relating to the delivery of multi-disciplinary projects.
- Work closely with team members, other Project Centre staff and when required project stakeholders.
- Adhere to PCL Quality Assurance systems and procedures.
- To actively pursue on the job and formal training opportunities that complement PCL business needs and your personal development plan.
- Be flexible and undertake any duties as and when required to assist in the operations of PCL.
Relevant Degree (BEng/ BSc) or equivalent qualifications. Masters Degree (MEng / MSc) is beneficial.
Willingness to work towards membership of a professional institution.
Understanding of highways engineering.
Basic computer skills on the Microsoft Office Package including Word, Excel and Powerpoint are essential.
Knowledge of AutoCAD. Knowledge of Civil 3D is beneficial.
Good report writing skills.
Awareness of Health & Safety and CDM duties.
Self-motivated & ability to work to deadlines.
Ability to communicate on all levels and is a team worker.
Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive.
Previous experience within the transport / highway industry is beneficial.
The position comes with:
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays.
- Private Health Care.
- Continuous training and development.
- Plenty of company organised social functions.