HR Advisor 2021
We've got a super exciting position to join our HR team here at Matalan's Head Office.
Acting as a Business Partner, in this role you will provide a proactive and professional HR service to functions across head office in line with Group Policy and HR Strategy.
Through advising and coaching techniques you will upskill managers in all aspects of performance and absence management, career development and employee engagement, working closely and collaboratively across other HR teams such as Recruitment, Learning & Development and Reward.
- Support the HR Business Partner and Head of HR – to deliver the HR strategy across head office functions
- Build strong relationships and credibility with Line Managers and Heads of Function through mutual trust and respect
- Improve line manager capability through coaching and advising, providing accurate advice and guidance on all aspects of managing people
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Employment Law in order to provide relevant advice to line managers and minimise business risk
- Management of all ER cases, with support from HR Business Partner where appropriate, coaching and guiding line managers to resolution
- Encourage and guide line managers to build a high performance culture through regular feedback and coaching of their teams, supporting personal development and managing underperformance
- Implement HR policies, practices and procedures, incorporating best practice and legislative requirements to drive the business forward and develop initiatives to address current and potential issues.
- Use external network and research to inform new ways of working and new projects/initiatives
- Be a role model for the Matalan Values and challenge managers to do the same,
- Work with line managers to proactively manage and retain talent, identifying risks and proposing solutions
- Work closely with the Recruitment Team in the recruitment and selection of new people, using our internal talent pool and succession plans to fill roles with the best people
- Work collaboratively with Finance to ensure salary budgets are maintained, whilst achieving the best outcome for the business
- Support and/or lead on HR/business projects
- Support and/or lead Org Design changes, advising and coaching managers through consultation processes
- Support at callibration meetings and MI preparation
- Ensure all HR Admin for Head Office colleagues is processed, including changes to terms and conditions, maternity, probation, etc, either via HR Shared Services or self
- New starter admin, including requesting employment references, ensuring Payroll information is complete and passed to Payroll, and sending relevant documents to line managers
- Creation and maintenance of organisational structures
- Graduate CIPD, ideally with 2-3 years ER experience
- Experience of working in a Head Office environment
- Strong influencing and Stakeholder Management Skills are essential, along with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Ability to work at pace, work well under pressure and multi-task is essential, whilst remaining calm
- Strong attention to detail
- Team work but also comfortable working autonomously and with confidence
- Strong communication, coaching and listening skills
- Confident to communicate and influence at senior level
- Innovative thinker
- Data driven
- Strong PC skills (experienced using MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Visio (desirable)