Business Intelligence Analyst Internship 2021
It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team and your role
As part of our Enterprise BI group in the Global Technology Organisation, our BI Analyst Intern has the opportunity to meet and interact with many areas of the business during their year with Mattel. Acting as an interface between the business and technical groups, you will get involved in a variety of global projects where new skills can be learned and existing expertise can be applied, across our entire BI landscape. We try to ensure our interns receive a ‘taste of everything’ and welcome enthusiastic, friendly people to our team in Slough. The role would be particularly suitable for someone looking to kickstart a career in data and/or analytics – either within IT, or in the business.
Main Tasks and Accountabilities
Work with Enterprise BI Team on projects
- Active participation in work on our Enterprise Data Management programme
- Partnering with other functional areas in the business on other BI and analytics projects and work efforts
- Requirements elicitation and documentation
- Design of analytics/reporting solutions from a business user perspective, and working with technical groups to implement
- Test scenarios/User Acceptance Testing
Other day-to-day activities
- Maintaining business glossaries and participating in data governance processes
- Identifying data quality gaps, and implementing exception reporting
- Updating documentation/Sharepoint content, and communicating with our user community
- Providing assistance to users and support teams to resolve issues
- Assist in providing training to business users
What We’re Looking For
Key Performance Indicators
- Driving business value through delivery of BI solutions
- User adoption and satisfaction with BI solutions
- Meeting deadlines for projects
- Regular communication of open and resolved issues to management
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office Suite – O365
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools, particularly IBM Cognos Analytics, ThoughtSpot and/or Tableau would be a huge advantage
- Some SQL and database knowledge (particularly Google BigQuery) would also be advantageous
- Agile/SAFe methodologies (an advantage)
- MS Teams & SharePoint (an advantage)
- Zoom (an advantage)
- Adobe products (Acrobat, Photoshop) (an advantage)
- Good interpersonal skills, good communicator
- Pro-active attitude
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Currently studying for an IT or data/analytics related degree
- Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
What It’s Like to Work Here
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.