Social Media Internship 2021
Creativity is our superpower. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Working as part of the EMEA Digital team, you will support and assist the EMEA Social Media Manager to execute the Social Media Strategy for all Mattel Brands across Europe, Middle East and Africa. You will be the link between the Regional Brand Teams and our Social Media Agencies to ensure we deliver all the assets, briefs and reports required, and be the first point of contact for social media executional matters for all the digital & brand managers in the markets.
What Your Impact Will Be
- Editorial content calendar coordination:
- Work with our Global Social Media team based out of the US & our Social Media agencies to ensure that all social creative is delivered on time to each market.
- Facilitate the distribution of assets between markets and agencies using MAX and other Social Media libraries to ensure we deliver the right content at the right time.
- Review activity across our brand Facebook pages.
- Proactively suggest the creation of additional, locally relevant content that can work for our brands/markets.
- EMEA report consolidation
- Work with the Regional and Local Social Media Agencies to prepare and distribute the different Social Media reports required on a monthly basis.
- Monthly Social dashboard to ensure data is presented in a coherent way to the Regional Brand Teams and Local Markets.
- Support ad hoc analysis requests.
- Arrange the access to the different analytics platform or pages when required.
- Key Result Areas:
- Asset coordination.
- EMEA report consolidation and analytics.
- Support coordination of key social media campaigns.
- Key Relationships
- Internal working relationships: Regional Brand Teams, Local Brand Managers, Marketing Communications, Regional Consumer Products and Regional Business Insights.
- External working relationships: Social Media Agencies.
What We’re Looking For
- Computer skills: Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential, knowledge of other MS Office applications (Outlook) is advantageous.
- Social Media Friendly: the candidate should know about the different Social Media networks and be eager to learn on how work with them from a business point of view.
- Organisational awareness.
- Strong communicator, in written and verbal communication.
- Strong with numbers and analysis.
- Good time management and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and manage expectations.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Understanding of International Markets is preferred.
- English fluency is a must, knowledge of a second European language will be appreciated.
- Performance Criteria (Key Performance Indicators):
- Timely delivery of project objectives and assigned tasks.
- Effective use of data sources.
- Ownership of projects.
What It’s Like to Work Here
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.