Industry & Services and Financial Services Data Analyst London 2021
In audit and assurance, you will join a growing team of over 750 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients daily. Our teams provide audit and assurance services which are vital to our clients' business control and credibility. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK and internationally listed companies and groups, financial institutions, public sector bodies and some of the largest global organizations in the world. By joining a unique integrated structure, you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit and assurance services in a supportive environment.
We hold the fundamental belief that audit forms the foundations of a fair and prosperous world, we care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on competition in the audit market. We believe that businesses and societies around the world deserve the benefits that increased resilience in the audit market can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
As the audit debate around the globe steps up a gear it is a very exciting time for you to join Mazars on a transformational journey as we aspire to be the leading challenger firm in the market. To help us achieve this we need to combine the best people with the best technology. The challenge with technology is to fully leverage it to reinvent the audit experience for both our clients and our teams. Before, unleashing the power of auditors meant equipping them with new solutions. But now, what matters is changing the DNA of auditors so that we develop their technological appetite and combine it with their human skills and technical expertise.
Teams within Industry & Services
The Industry & Services team provides audit services to companies listed on the London Stock Exchange (FTSE 350, Small Cap, and Fledgling), AIM, and large companies/groups with turnover of more than £150m. The team also work closely with overseas teams to audit UK based subsidiaries of major global groups including a number in the CAC 40.To enable specialisms within the more senior members of the Industry & Services team, we divide our clients between “Industry” and “Services”, the sectors that make up these groups are:
- Hospitality & Leisure
- Energy & Utilities
- Broadly any company providing a product to its clients
- Professional Practices
- Broadly any company providing services to its clients
The financial services audit department works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border services to our clients. As a member of the team you will experience a broad range of clients across various sectors to build your knowledge and understanding of the financial services market.
Teams within Financial Services
The banking group covers clients such as emerging banks and UK operations of large international banks.
The insurance group covers clients from entrepreneurial insurance brokers to Lloyd's syndicates and large international underwriters.
Are you an analytical, data-driven graduate? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions? This unique opportunity offers technical challenge, a creative open problem-solving environment, and quick responsibility and progression.
As a Data Analyst, your time would usually be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams. However due to the current pandemic situation Mazars continues to work remotely only visiting the office and client sites on a restricted basis.
The purpose of the position is to fundamentally unlock insights contained in data and create solutions to challenges related to the delivery of external audit.
What you'll do
- Work on Mazars' most strategic audit clients, including many high profile international listed companies – delivering full cycle external audits as part of the audit team.
- Innovation ambassador, promoting new ideas to our audit teams and working as part of a network of innovation champions. As part of this community you will be designing, developing and trialling new processes and technology.
- Complement your STEM degree with business application and knowledge, discovering how companies work, including processes, controls, accounting and reporting systems.
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions.
- A relevant masters; i.e. in business analytics, data-science, statistics or equivalent programme focused on data and analytics
- Data analytics skills from a related degree or experience (work experience is not essential)
- Keen interest in technology
- Strong work ethic; the desire to innovate, get things done, and to learn and progress.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to influence, build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research and solve problems.
- Independent; the ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
- Most desirable: Python, PowerBI and SQL
- Desirable: Background in any programming language such as Java, R, Linux knowledge
- Knowledge of one: MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Postgre SQL
- Knowledge of any visualisation technologies such as Power-BI, QlikView, Tableau
We will fund your study towards the CFAB, following successful completion of this we will then go on to fund your study towards an MSc in Applied Data Science.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training. As part of the financial services audit team, you will have the opportunity to sit the banking or insurance specific exams within the ACA qualification.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.