Data Analyst Industry & Services and Financial Services September 2022
In Audit, you will join a growing team of over 1000 relationship driven, curious, problem solvers who add value to their clients daily. Our teams provide audit and assurance services which are vital to our clients' business control and credibility. Our expertise ranges from servicing private, entrepreneurial companies through to UK and internationally listed companies and groups, financial services, public sector bodies and some of the largest global organizations in the world.
By joining a unique integrated structure, you will benefit from working in collaborative teams and be given responsibility for delivering robust and independent audit and assurance services in a supportive environment. Quality is at the centre of Mazars in terms of both our people and the service we provide our clients. We offer a distinctive, human-centric approach that goes beyond compliance, with an integrated structure that allows us to work seamlessly as one team.
We hold the fundamental belief that audit forms the foundations of a fair and prosperous world, we care about our industry and have long pressed for a debate on competition in the audit market. We believe that businesses and societies around the world deserve the benefits that increased resilience in the audit market can bring and are committed to playing an active role in shaping its future.
As the audit debate around the globe steps up a gear it is a very exciting time for you to join Mazars on a transformational journey as we aspire to be the leading challenger firm in the market. To help us achieve this we need to combine the best people with the best technology. The challenge with technology is to fully leverage it to reinvent the audit experience for both our clients and our teams. Before, unleashing the power of auditors meant equipping them with new solutions. But now, what matters is changing the DNA of auditors so that we develop their technological appetite and combine it with their human skills and technical expertise.
An introduction to our Industry & Services and Financial Services teams
Industry & Services
The Industry & Services team provides audit services to companies listed on the London Stock Exchange (FTSE 350, Small Cap, and Fledgling), AIM, and large companies/groups with turnover of more than £150m. The team also work closely with overseas teams to audit UK based subsidiaries of major global groups including a number in the CAC 40.
To enable specialisms within the more senior members of the Industry & Services team, we divide our clients between “Industry” and “Services”, the sectors that make up these groups are:
- Broadly any company providing a product to its clients which includes the following:
- Hospitality & Leisure
- Energy & Utilities
- Broadly any company providing a service to its clients which includes the following:
- Professional Practices
The financial services team works internationally to provide seamless, cross-border services to our clients. As a member of the team you will experience a broad range of clients across various sectors to build your knowledge and understanding of the financial services market.
Banking clients consist of overseas banks and UK challenger banks. These cover the spectrum of banking activity such as retail banking, commercial banking, private banking (including wealth management), merchant banking, and investment banking. Other clients include a range of other finance entities such as building societies, leasing, asset backed lending, payment service providers, and security brokers.
The insurance sector covers clients from entrepreneurial insurance brokers to Lloyd's syndicates and large international underwriters. Our clients span across the general insurance and life insurance markets, and various types of insurance offerings.
Real Estate Asset Management
The real estate asset management division covers national and global asset management groups, hedge fund managers, private equity structures, listed investment funds, venture capital trusts, financial advisory groups and property clients.
Are you an analytical, data-driven graduate? Are you interested in a role that offers an opportunity to shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions? This unique opportunity offers technical challenge, a creative open problem-solving environment, and quick responsibility and progression.
We are moving to a new hybrid working model, so as a trainee you will split your time between working from home, visiting the office, client sites when required or studying for your professional exams.
The purpose of the position is to fundamentally unlock insights contained in data and create solutions to challenges related to the delivery of external audit.
You will get the opportunity to:
- Work on Mazars' most strategic audit clients, including many high profile international listed companies – delivering full cycle external audits as part of the audit team.
- Innovation ambassador, promoting new ideas to our audit teams and working as part of a network of innovation champions. As part of this community you will be designing, developing and trialling new processes and technology.
- Complement your STEM degree with business application and knowledge, discovering how companies work, including processes, controls, accounting and reporting systems.
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues.
- Shape the future of audit through data-driven solutions.
- Strong work ethic; the desire to get things done and to learn and progress.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to influence, build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to accurately and diligently assimilate information, grasp concepts quickly, research, solve problems and visualise information in an easily understandable way.
- Independent; the ability to think critically, challenge when appropriate, and to apply professional scepticism.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Innovator; the first person to try new solutions, are excited by the possibilities of new ideas and new ways of doing things and have a keen interest in technology
- Credible and effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you're ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don't always go to plan – so if you don't meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- A relevant masters; i.e. in business analytics, data-science, statistics or equivalent programme focused on data and analytics
- Background knowledge of Python, SQL and Power-Bi (Desirable)
- Obtained a 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
You will receive a full package to study toward your CFAB in your first year. The qualification after your first year will be dependent on your degree background.
This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.