Employer Branding & Employee Engagement Industrial Placement 2021
This twelve-month undergraduate work placement sits within the Global People Team focusing on employer branding and employee engagement. You will have a fantastic opportunity to work with Markets around the world and build your personal and professional skills hence developing on-the-job experience in the business world.
You will get a great insight into working for a Global brand, exploring the many dimensions of a busy People Team, building skills and networks that should last you for life.
You will be closely involved in projects and campaigns that focus on ensuring McDonald’s is seen as a great place to work, by engaging and inspiring our people, our customers and the wider public about the ways we are changing lives and creating opportunities for all our employees. These projects are a great way to get stuck in and explore just how much goes on behind the scenes, whilst also being responsible for improving communication amongst the Global Reputation and Engagement specialists around the world.
What will my accountabilities be?
It is important for us that markets have access to the information they need and visibility of what’s going on around the world. You will therefore be responsible for communications and marketing within the team:
- Marketing communication and coordination of Reputation & Engagement initiatives
- Collecting and providing updates on activities and case studies from markets, collecting feedback and building team surveys
- Designing and building department reports and presentations for strategies and initiatives
- Managing our Reputation and Engagement communication tool (develop a content calendar, continue to create engaging content, support new users and work with leaders to encourage increased usage)
Projects are a major part of this role too, so you will be:
- Working on internal and external campaigns with the Global Reputation and Engagement Director, including gathering requirements from Markets and briefing agencies
- Providing insight and feedback on marketing assets
- Supporting the deployment of a new Global communications tool for all restaurant teams
Provide administration support to team members:
- Meeting and diary management, travel and data requirements
- Coordinating online meetings and webcasts
- Creating agendas, pre-reads and presentations
- Supporting event planning for Awards and Competitions
What Team will I be a part?
You will be part of the Reputation and Engagement Function of the Global People Team.
Who are my customers?
To collaborate closely with Global People colleagues based worldwide, Global and Market leadership and Marketing Agencies.
Knowledge and Experience
What background do I need to have?
- A passion for the McDonald’s brand
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use initiative and take responsibility with a positive and can-do attitude
- Attention to detail, performing accurate & detailed work
- Ability to work in a busy environment and prioritise workload
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Can adapt to situations and step out of their comfort zone to solve problems and make decisions
- Confidently contribute ideas and suggestions
- Strong time management skills with the ability to learn and analyse information quickly
- Enjoy team collaboration and can build good working relationships at all levels
- High standard of document design and execution
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft packages, particularly Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- CV and cover letter submission
- First stage virtual Interview
- Virtual Assessment Day - including presentation, group task and interview
- Final Virtual Interview
Please submit your CV with a cover letter including a brief paragraph (300 word limit in total) answering the two questions listed below:
- Why do you want to work for McDonald's?
- Why would a young person come and work in our restaurants?
- 52 weeks contract (July 2021 to July 2022)
- Competitive Placement with London living allowance upon the move to London
- 28 days' Annual Leave per year, plus bank holidays
- Plus discounts at major UK retailers