Research Executive 2021
As a business, we champion individuality and diversity in our people. Through a plethora of initiatives, we ensure that we attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry, all working together to create powerful, ground-breaking work through our unique, connected Systems Thinking approach. Our teams use data, technology and creativity to design communications strategies that build brands and generate sales, and we do it at scale. We believe that putting people first produces better results.
What you'll do
We are looking for an enthusiastic Research Executive to work in our Real World Insight team, a 10 strong, award winning research and insight team within MediaCom.
As a Research Executive you will be involved in working with the UK’s top brands on all stages of the research process, assisting with design, implementation, analysis and interpretation of both qualitative and quantitative research studies. You will be reporting to a Research Manager.
Also, you will be working across a range of different clients and categories, and working closely with colleagues across the agency to see how your research and insights can directly impact brand performance.
What we expect from you
In 3 months, you would have gained an understanding of how the agency operates and how RWI’s work fits in.
In 6 months, you would have become a lead supplier contact, handling day to day queries, monitoring costs and ensuring projects run smoothly. Also, you will have got involved with the day to day management of research studies including writing questionnaires, checking data tables, charting, notetaking and moderating offline or online focus groups
In 12 months, you would have improved your data analytical skills, becoming confident in taking a story led approach when it comes to presenting research results, become an agency tools champion, identifying use cases for tools, answering queries and organising training where necessary, and worked on several research studies, from proposal to debrief, and presented results to clients.
- To work closely with the wider team to support on projects from helping to write the proposal to presenting to clients
- Conducting relevant background/desk research
- Writing small proposals or parts of larger proposals
- To learn and understand the costing process for research studies
- Project management – setting up jobs in the system, supplier handling, client handling, and attending client meetings
- To become a desktop tool expert, learning how to use industry tools and providing support to the agency on these tools
- To build an understanding of the comms planning process and build a network of contacts around the agency
- To support the team in generating great insight for new business pitches.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- To be a strong team player
- Genuine interest in the world of advertising and communications
- Previous experience in a research role, either agency or client side would be a bonus