Junior Marketing Manager 2021
Are you fuelled by creativity and passionate about marketing? Do you want to work in an environment where your impact is recognised?
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to step-up your career and level of responsibility, then you might just be our next Junior Marketing Manager.
The Marketing team at Meltwater directly contributes to the business by engaging with existing clients and prospects to convert them as leads to generate sales. We do so by working closely with the sales teams as well as using data analytics to make sure we create the right marketing deliverables and use the right channels to drive engagement, leads and ultimately leads and revenue. We do this through demand generation planning in field and digital marketing.
With our SaaS - solutions we support and advise our customers, companies of all sizes and industries, on topics such as social media marketing and engagement, media analysis, influencer outreach, competitive intelligence, and much more.
Meltwater is an exciting employer where the employees are in the focus. We want to advance the company together and strengthen and expand the "Meltwater" brand in the United Kingdom and Ireland with your help.
We’re looking for a dynamic self-starter with an extensive background in B2B marketing to join our hub office in London. You’ll be working closely with the rest of Meltwater’s EMEA Marketing team as well as the regional sales department to ensure brand and lead-gen campaigns support business objectives.
What you will do
- Assist in the implementation of the annual marketing plan (incl. budget planning)
- Development of marketing concepts in cooperation with the EMEA management with the aim of generating leads for our sales departments across UKI
- Further development of our digital strategy (content, SEO/SEA, web traffic)
- Management of marketing automation (newsletter marketing, customer journey management)
- Expansion of the company presence in online media and social media channels
- Copywriting for PPC ads (Google, LinkedIn, Instagram etc)
- Analysis and interpretation of market, competition and social media trends as well as continuous development and execution of the social media strategy
- Planning and implementation of our event strategy (webinars, seminars, business breakfasts, trade fairs & conferences)
- Contact and relationship building with influencers, speakers, partners and cooperations
- Content writing for the Meltwater blog, press releases and assorted resources
Skills & Requirements
The candidate will be an enthusiastic and hardworking young professional, excited to join our fast paced team in EMEA. You will be an exceptional communicator, have a passion for content and a genuine interest in the tech industry and marketing.
What You’ll Bring
- Completed studies in the field of or with focus on Marketing, PR, Media/Communication Sciences, Digital Media/Digital Media, Sales or related fields of study
- 2+ years of professional experience in general marketing activities, performance marketing and marketing automation (preferably Marketo)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the marketing mix with proven success
- Experience in Social Media Marketing
- Strong understanding of Marketing Data & Analytics Interest in and understanding of economic relationships and sales
- Excellent Swedish and very good written and spoken English
- Initiative, reliability and team spirit as well as a good sense of humor and creativity
What We Will Give You
- Competitive compensation with bonus opportunities
- Collaborative, transparent and fun loving office culture
- Accelerated professional development and growth programs
- An open, informal, and multinational working environment
- High level of responsibility and excellent career opportunities
- Local, regional and global input from engaging with different team members in our global marketing organisation
- Flexible working hours
- Social events like Friday bar, company outings, and many more (virtual until post corona)
- Space for your ideas and responsibility for your own projects from day one
- Further education through coaching and mentoring
Meltwater has gone from humble beginnings in Oslo, Norway in 2001 to the global leader in media intelligence with 30,000 global clients today. We provide solutions to help modern PR, communication, and marketing professionals better understand their current media landscape, both in the news & social media.
For almost 20 years, Meltwater has maintained a very unique culture based on a foundation and belief in people and the potential they possess, regardless of experience. Our motto? When you have the right people in the right working environment, great things happen. There are 2,000 members of the Meltwater family residing in 55 offices across 25 countries around the world. No matter what office you’re in, you’ll be surrounded by the best colleagues you’ve ever had.
Meltwater employees embody the work-hard, play-hard spirit through our 3 core values- Moro (fun), Enere (number one) and Respect (Respect). These founding principles stem from our Norweigan roots and are why Meltwater has been named a Great Place to Work in several markets across the globe. We have high energy, open concept offices that focus on teamwork and collaboration. We ensure our employees have easy access to management and learn quickly from those around them.
At Meltwater, the average isn’t good enough. Our goal is to build a groundbreaking company supported by a thriving culture in which our people aspire to exceed their personal expectations. We only promote our sales leadership team from within the company, and our goal is to facilitate your long-term professional growth.
Our work is fun, challenging and rewarding, and we’re looking for driven individuals, passionate about learning business by doing it.
Meltwater is firmly committed to affording equal employment opportunities to all candidates and employees alike without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status disability, veteran status and we treat each individual with respect and dignity.
On-Line Accessibility Directive: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us here for assistance.