Motor Control Engineer Graduate Programme 2021
As a successful Graduate in this area, you will design and implement control algorithms and supporting functionality for electric machines, develop calibrations to maximise machine performance and support testing. During your time on the Graduate scheme, dependent on your skills, you may have time in some of the following departments;
- Calibration and Controls; Define and deliver calibration and control system innovations that optimise energy flows to achieve the fastest Qualifying & Race laps and deliver outstanding driveability.
- Mechatronics and Chassis Engineering; designing new concepts, managing the integration of the Powerunit with the chassis, developing the ERS pack (electronic and mechanical components)
- Test Engineering; strive to recreate the racetrack and race-car environment to make each experiment as representative as possible. Engineer test rigs to push the components and systems of the Power Unit to their absolute limit and validate the underpinning simulations
What can we offer you?
We offer the opportunity to work in a state of the art Technology centre, being involved in exciting technological challenges alongside some of the world’s best engineers. You will get the opportunity to engineer solutions in world class facilities and, having been thoroughly proven at our Technology Centre. You will be able to see your ideas raced in F1 or Formula E, or powering the revolutionary Project ONE hypercar. You will also have the opportunity to work towards chartered status with the IET and will be assigned a personal mentor who will support you throughout.
- A salary of £33,000pa
- Performance bonus
- Collective bonus
- Company lease car scheme
- 36 days annual leave
- Access to private healthcare and generous pension scheme
- Onsite Gym
- A variety of other benefits and staff discounts
What do we need from you?
- A curious, tenacious and driven individual with a hunger to work in a fast paced environment
- You’ll have a 2.1 degree, or above, in a relevant Electrical / Electronics Engineering or related degree
- A strong academic background in relevant A Level, or equivalent disciplines, for example Maths or Sciences
- An excellent understanding of engineering first principles
- Understand the control theory and algorithms used to control electric machines
- Practical, “hands-on” experience to complement your academic studies
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivation, adaptability and creativity
- The courage to challenge and desire to be challenged, to expand your technical knowledge and skills
The application process
- Submit your on-line application, CV and covering letter
- Complete on-line psychometric testing
- Your application will be screened by HR and the hiring manager
- If successful you will be invited to attend an online interview
- If successful your scheme will start on Monday 6th September 2021
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, there may be periods of time during the process where you don’t hear anything from us. Don’t worry! We will advise you of the outcome of your application regardless of the result so please bare with us. Please be advised that we are unable to provide detailed feedback to applicants, apologies for any inconvenience.