Wealth Summer Internship
We believe that businesses thrive when people can achieve their potential.
That’s why Mercer helps its clients put innovative and sustainable health, wealth and career strategies at the heart of businesses – with people as active and collaborative partners in the organisation’s success.
The result is a more engaged, inspired and empowered workforce; enabling a more resilient, agile and competitive organisation. We call this a people-shaped business.
And in today’s changing world, we believe a people-shaped business is a thriving business, ready to turn disruption into opportunity and growth.
Have you got what it takes to join our people shaped business? All applications need to have:
- Strong analytical skills whilst seeing the big picture of what we do – having attention to detail whilst understanding the wider context of the work being done
- Learning agility – eager and quick to pick up on methodology and market trends on a steep learning curve
- Thriving in ambiguity– accept the unknown; persevering and adapting to serve our clients
- Building relationships - being a strong team player and engaging in active communication and collaboration with the team and clients
Our culture at Mercer ensures that all new employees are engaged, entrusted and empowered so they feel part of company, have pride in working for Mercer and make a difference to our clients and our organisation. We offer a very supportive environment; you will be assigned a buddy and have a manager supporting you throughout the summer internship programme. You’ll also get to share experiences with other Interns along the way, building an excellent network.
Mercer offers an eight-week internship (throughout July and August) aimed at giving you real exposure to what the life as a graduate is like. We have opportunities within our Investment business area.
The individual tasks you will do during your internship will include:
- Performing numerical and qualitative analysis for various client situations
- Working on multiple research projects often across different teams and with other interns
- Drafting documents and presentations for clients
- Assisting more experienced analysts and consultants prepare for client meetings and supporting management of actions
- Responding to client and colleague queries, both via phone and email in a non-technical jargon free manner
During your internship you will be assigned a buddy to help you with day-to-day work, answer queries and give you guidance. As an intern, all work you carry out will be done under supervision, but you will quickly develop your knowledge and skills and be given more direct responsibility as you progress.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh,which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.