Graduate Sustainability Consultant 2021
At Method we are a group of sustainability professionals with a common goal to reduce the environmental impact of buildings through sustainable engineering design and advice. We are experts in sustainable building design, building services engineering and the application of renewable energy for buildings. We work on an exciting and diverse range of projects. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled ability to deliver innovative and fresh designs from a young and dynamic team and we are looking for talented graduates to join our office in Swindon. We provide a great working environment with excellent training and support – in 2016 we were given the CIBSE Employer of the Year Award, having been shortlisted in the past, and have been listed in the Building Magazine Top 50 Employers Guide for the last four years.
What we do
We provide a wide ranging technical consultancy service with sustainability at the heart of the design process, including:
- providing advice on sustainability, BREEAM and building physics
- advising clients on integrating renewable energy technologies into buildings to provide sustainable energy
- using latest dynamic simulation software as part of energy, CO2, thermal and daylight analysis
Who are we looking for?
The role requires careful attention to detail and we are looking for a focused person. You must be interested in the built environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally and a willingness to learn and develop new skills. You will need to adapt to new situations quickly and be willing to contribute as an active design team member. The role will be based at our head office in Wiltshire and everyone in our team of highly trained professionals is involved in some or all of the below:
- BREEAM advice and assessment
- Preparing energy and sustainability statements
- SAP and/or SBEM calculations depending on experience
- IMPACT analysis
- Post Occupancy Evaluation
- BREEAM AP / on-site assistance to contractors
- Experience of BREEAM or CSH would be advantageous. A full driving licence is desirable
What we offer
We offer 24 days’ leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days flex, plus an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme. Salary is highly competitive and will increase rapidly with experience. To apply please send your CV and a chatty letter telling us about your background, why you are interested in the role and how you found out about our vacancy to: email@example.com. Method Consulting is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably-qualified persons.