Graduate Sustainable Mechanical & Electrical Services Engineer Cornwall 2022
Method Consulting’s stimulating and challenging workload provides a varied career, while supporting your professional and personal development. You will also have the opportunity to take part in a variety of social activities from sporting events to cultural visits and lectures.
We are recruiting for a Graduate Sustainable Mechanical & Electrical Services Engineer (Building Services Engineer) for the small but growing team in our new Cornwall office. This is the perfect role for a graduate looking to join a rapidly growing company in a varied role that will provide the opportunity to grow and progress. Method operates a hybrid working policy so this will be a blend of the office and working remotely.
You will have the opportunity to expand your skillset and gain invaluable knowledge from senior team members, whilst working closely with other members of the team based in our Swindon and Bristol offices.
Your career within Method Consulting will only be limited by your ability and aspirations and responsibility will be given to you at a level commensurate with your ability. We will support you to become a member of the CIBSE, IMechE, IET or EI and eventually to become chartered engineer.
Included in Building Magazine’s Top 150 Consultants & Top 50 Engineers list 2021, we have also been included in the Top 50 Employers in Building Magazine’s annual survey for four of the last five years. We are committed to providing the very best to our team and our workplace initiatives ensure that you will have the right resources and skills to achieve your goals.
Role and responsibilities
- building services engineering design including mechanical and electrical engineering and building physics
- advising clients on how to reduce energy use through engineering design and specification
- working with design teams including architects, structural engineers, quantity surveyors and specialist consultants
- advising on building services aspects of BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes
- computer thermal modelling of buildings to assess energy use
- site visits to construction sites to inspect building services installations
- advising on building-integrated renewable energy
- CAD and BIM using AutoCAD and Revit
Experience and qualifications
- An appreciation of sustainability, renewable energy technologies, thermodynamics and energy systems are essential
- You must be interested in the built environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- You will need to adapt to new situations quickly and be willing to contribute as an active design team member
- A full driving licence is desirable
- Educated to degree level in physical sciences or any engineering discipline – for example physics, mechanical or electrical engineering, building services engineering, environmental engineering, architectural engineering
To meet with current legislation, rights to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are eligible to work within the UK. We are currently unable to support candidates with a Tier 2 Visa or those requiring sponsorship to work here.
Method Consulting is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably-qualified persons.