Graduate Pre Sales Technical Consultant
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace.
That’s high tech without the drama.
Take charge of your future and join our dynamic, motivated graduate team as we go to market with a best-in-class portfolio that will help shape the world’s software landscape.
We are actively looking for innovative graduates to join our Graduate Presales Programme within our Application Modernization and Connectivity (AMC) team where we assist our customers with their Digital Transformation journey. Shortlisted applicants may be required to join a two-day assessment centre, which will include scenario based exercises, an aptitude test and a professional interview.
Successful applicants will embark on their Micro Focus journey with our 8-week training program. On graduation, you will deploy into the business to continue your development journey with opportunity to progress.
Graduate Presales Solution Consultant
You will be aligned to a specific set of accounts focused on the AMC solution set we offer. You will build customer confidence in the company's capabilities, from procurement to senior levels of customer management. They will help drive opportunities from early qualification to qualified opportunities and acts as integral part of the Go To Market (GTM) Sales organisation. This role is the source of technical expertise for Micro Focus sales team and our customers, and engages other technical resources as needed to advance the sales cycle.
The candidate will build a high-level of technical and solutions knowledge. By working with the customer’s senior technology leaders and executives, they will leverage this knowledge to offer the right solution to address the customers business challenges.
By working with the customer’s senior technology leaders and executives, the candidate will have a high-level of technical and solutions expertise to offer the right solution to address their business challenges. The successful candidate will have an overall aim of becoming a trusted advisor to our prospective and existing customers.
- Provide technical solutions presales support to customers, partners and sales team around the AMC solution offerings
- Build and develop relationships with key technical influencers, decision-makers, and top executives.
- Actively participate in ongoing account planning with the Micro Focus sales specialists in opportunity analysis, technical deal qualification and competitive analysis
- Maintain positive total customer experience
- Technically support sales account team in competitive bids.
- Support the sales team in creating and proposing the right solution and answering the technical sections and aspects of tenders, Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposal (RFP) customer requests.
- Maintain and manage a competitive and appropriate level of technical and professional competence.
- Regular reporting of activity and results.
- Representing Micro Focus at conferences and other marketing or networking events
- Delivering specialist webinars and participating in other promotional campaigns
- Regularly travel to customer sites
Education and Experience Required
- University degree or equivalent experience – ideally with some technical element(s) but not essential
- Knowledge and/or interest in technology or software
- Language skills advantage
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, solid communication, presentation, and time management skills.
- Good level of Technical English
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to see problems from different angels and be creative in solution options
- Enthusiasm to learn with a forward thinking attitude
- Flexible to learn and develop new skills, competencies, and technical acumen
- Proactive with strong results orientation
- Ambitious, self-starter with future leadership potential
- Understanding of basic negotiation skills - able to balance risk and opportunity
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Some knowledge of computer technologies, hardware, Operating systems, Deployment and Management solutions
- Broader knowledge of the IT industry, technical directions and IT solutions
- Basic organisation and analysis skills