Graduate Software Developer 2021
Talented Software Developers are at the heart of Micro Focus. Our 3 year graduate scheme places Developers in an agile environment delivering innovative software solutions.
Working alongside industry experts you’ll be learning on the job while being given the opportunity to expand into more diverse roles. We enjoy a great team spirit working in a relaxed, goal orientated atmosphere on a wide range of technologies and platforms.
Based in Newbury we collaborate with our Design Centres around the world to deliver high quality products to our extensive customer base. We recognise the importance of passion and talent and offer a package designed to attract and retain the best.
To join our team successful you will need to have good academic or industrial coding experience and a minimum of a 2:1 degree in a software related discipline. Upon joining Micro Focus you will be immediately placed in one of our agile development teams and be expected to contribute from day one. Soft skills and non-technical training will be provided outside of the development team and a mentor will support your progress as your career develops. You will have the opportunity to work with different teams and explore various potential career paths.
Examples of projects on the backlog for the next release are:-
- Extending support for Containerisation and the Cloud
- Expanding our code analysis features
- Providing increasingly advanced diagnostic facilities for production systems
- Supporting application deployment to .NET Core
We code in a range of languages and our products run on Windows, including .NET, UNIX, Linux. Each team has specialized skills including language parsing/compiler technology, implementing extensions and plug ins for the Visual Studio and Eclipse IDEs, middleware/ communications, database and Web services.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Computer Science or similar subject.
- Strong academic or commercial coding experience in C#, C++, C or Java
- A highly personable team player who is able to work effectively with colleagues and customers
- Able to explain complex technical issues
- Awareness of Agile development methodology desirable
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status