Graduate Software Engineer 2021
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. That’s high tech without the drama.
IDOL Server is an industry leader in the fields of Machine Learning, AI, Enterprise Search and Audio and Video Processing. Founded in 1996 and using a unique combination of technologies developed from research at Cambridge University, the company experienced a meteoric rise before being acquired, and now forms part of Micro Focus, the UK’s largest software company.
Graduate Software Engineer
The R&D team is the Cambridge office’s largest department and is in constant need of top-class graduates. The opportunities range from Software Developers working on a variety of products to Mathematical and Algorithmic Researchers.
- Intelligence - You will probably have or be expecting a II-1 or I degree in a technical subject (e.g. Mathematics, Natural Science, Engineering, Computer Science)
- Good working knowledge of programming in a Windows or UNIX environment, and knowledge of C or C++
- Ability to function well in a small team, requiring self-motivation and the ability to work well under pressure
- Python/Perl scripting
- Working knowledge of UNIX command-line tools (GNU/Linux) and system administration
- Experience of creating scalable automated tests
- Agile and Scrum development
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status