Graduate Professional Services Technical Consultant 2021
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. That’s high tech without the drama.
Micro Focus is uniquely positioned to help customers maximize existing software investments and embrace innovation in a world of hybrid IT—from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
We are one of the largest pure-play software companies in the world, focused from the ground up on building, selling, and supporting software. This focus allows us to deliver on our mission to put customers at the center of innovation and deliver high-quality, enterprise-grade scalable software that our teams can be proud of. We help customers bridge the old and the new by maximizing the ROI on existing software investments and enabling innovation in the new hybrid model for enterprise IT.
Micro Focus Big Data Professional Services provides market-leading solutions to help organizations across EMEA understand, protect and manage their data. Our team delivers a diverse set of solutions from our broad portfolio of products within the Cyber Resilience and Information Management and Governance solution areas.
With vast amounts of data being collected, Micro Focus IDOL meaning-based platform help understand the full spectrum of enterprise information, as well as the relationships that exist within that data. This platform uses innovative pattern-matching technology to help make meaning of these extreme volumes of data, to aid in reducing complexity, and to find value in this data.
The Micro Focus IDOL platform allows computers to harness the richness of information, forming a conceptual and contextual understanding of any piece of electronic data, including unstructured information, such as text, email, web pages, voice and video.
Our secure content management suite helps our customers reduce the risk, complexity and cost of managing content across the enterprise—structured, unstructured, active or inactive. Products include Micro Focus Structured Data Manager (SDM) and Micro Focus Content Manager (CM)
SDM enables organizations to secure data according to the latest compliance and protection requirements, including GDPR.
CM classifies content and records automatically, based on detailed categories. It uses a manage-in-place framework to apply holds to content in external repositories, eliminating the need to migrate it to a central repository. When on hold, the product takes control over the content’s retention and security. Content Manager Select enables authorized access to mission critical business information for compliance, productivity and knowledge management use cases.
This role would involve implementing Micro Focus Big Data solutions, working as part of an experienced team of Technical Consultants, Architects and Project Managers. Our Technical Consultants support projects through their lifecycle. They have unique exposure and knowledge of our market leading software and the range of solutions and business challenges we can address.
Are you ready to join the industry leader in Big Data?
- Act as an advisor to the customer by:
- Build and develop relationships with key technical influencers, decision makers, and top executives.
- Understanding the customer business
- Understanding how our Product or Solution achieves business benefit
- As a team member, design and implement solutions based on Micro Focus Big Data software to solve customer business problems
- Create and manage technical documentation
- Give technical presentations and run customer workshops
- Collaborate with R&D and product teams to understand direction and roadmaps and to feedback experience from projects
- Supporting sales and growing the Professional Services business by attending pre-sales meetings with sales and solution architects.
Education and Experience Required
We're looking for people who graduated from universities within the last 12 months or who will graduate within this academic year:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT related discipline or equivalent degree in maths, science or computer science (degree obtained on the last 12 months)
- Fluency in English
- Proficient use of MS Office applications is a must
- Passion for technology and consulting is a must.
- Practical related experience (max 12 months) or internship in a similar position will be considered advantageous.
- Broad knowledge of the IT industry, technical directions and IT solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills
- Flexible to learn and develop new skills, competencies, and technical acumen
- Strong ability to solve technical problems including in areas outside of previous experience
- Proactive with strong results orientation
- Open to work in many different cultural environments
- Excellent level of Technical English
- ~ 50% national travel in UK and international engagements across Europe
- Programming or scripting experience (Java, Python, Bash, Groovy etc.)
- Linux experience
- Database experience
- Big Data Technology experience (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- Machine learning or modelling experience
Extensive social benefits, flexible work schedules, attractive salary package and living values make us one of the most attractive employers worldwide. In addition, is Micro Focus for equal opportunities and offers employees the reconciliation of family & profession as well as continuous development opportunities.