Business Operations: Business Programme Manager Placement
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
The Business Program Manager role would be within the Customer Success Unit (CSU) which is responsible for enabling Microsoft's largest Enterprise Customers on their journey to embrace Digital Transformation. The Customer Success Unit is a large organization which works with some of the world's best known brands along with the UK's largest Public Sector organisations. The community is made up of a diverse mix of technical, change management and support delivery skills and experiences. The CSU’s expertise is supporting customers in becoming adopters of Microsoft's cloud technologies.
As a business program manager within the Customer Success Unit (CSU), you will be working with a variety of stakeholders from across the company to craft, analyse, orchestrate and improve various programs and processes at the strategic level. You’ll be part of an agile team that serves in a fast-paced environment integrating with both customers and internal organizations. You will have the opportunity to impact business results through program execution across the business.
As a Business Program Manager, you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects leveraging your diverse skillset.
- Support your organization in leading the team through major annual milestones and routine rhythm of the business.
- Analyse industry trends, solution areas, internal processes, and organizational performance. Your analysis and recommendations will help your leaders anticipate problem areas and provide solutions.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of various events to all and parts of our community.
- Support programs of work with detailed plans and execution to support our Leaders and Community.
- You might also work closely with customer facing teams to drive business requirements from strategy through demand validation and quantification - mapping and delivering a clear and repeatable process for our largest deals and most strategic customers.
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- Pursuing either a bachelor’s degree with a focus in operations, logistics, business, finance, or related field
- Formal training in project and process management, financial accounting, business strategy and operations and/or sales/marketing operations desired
- Ability to work and build strong relationships with senior managers, leaders, partners and customers, including those in the c-suite
- Display skills in planning and project management
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Highly analytical - ability to understand business metrics, customer, and market trends
- Strong communication, inter-personal, and cross group collaboration skills; the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
- The aptitude to engage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders; from end users to senior management/executives
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services