Consulting: Account Delivery Placement
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) are focused on driving production-level consumption with Enterprise customers through Digital Transformation and Modernization solutions. The MCS helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
Account Delivery Executive Role Overview
The Account Delivery Executive (ADE) leads the delivery of technology solutions to our key customers, partnering with roles across the organisation to ensure the overall success of the engagements and consumption of our cloud services. The ADE is key to building strategic relationships with our customers and working with the sales team to identify new opportunities to support our customers achieve their strategic objectives.
- Work with your ADE buddy for a minimum of 1 day per week on a customer account to support them in delivering Microsoft engagements to the customer. Activities may include attending and supporting customer and internal meetings, providing input and helping curate status reporting, supporting resourcing requests and assisting with delivery issues and escalations.
- MCS Billed: provide business support through proactively driving the forecasting and tracking of actuals against the MCS billed key metric to ensure timely and accurate tracking and to maximise our billed revenue.
- Support management requests for information and insights based on any slippage or key themes and risks
- Schedule and support the monthly / quarterly MCS Billed check ins with each of the ADEs
- Provide ideas on how to improve the process based on your experiences during your internship
- Governance: assist the MCS management team maintain a strong rhythm of business through:
- Arranging regular account reviews with key accounts, ensuring the input and output are stored centrally
- Supporting All Hands and team meetings by managing and arranging the meeting logistics, helping build the agenda and seeking input from the team on key topics to ensure the events runs smoothly and are effective
- Participating in creating a newsletter/communications to share important and relevant materials with the team on a regular basis
Applications to this opportunity will be considered for all available roles, depending on education level and/or location. To be considered as an intern, you should be in your penultimate year of study and eligible for a 12 month placement beginning July 2021.
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- A business management focused degree or some commercial acumen is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing and presentation skills
- Customer relationship experience a plus
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity suite of tools a benefit
- Desire to make a positive impact on the world through technology and business solutions a must
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services