Consulting: Digital Advisor Placement
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world.
Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) are focused on driving production-level consumption with Enterprise customers through Digital Transformation and Modernization solutions. The MCS helps Microsoft customers around the world get the best outcomes from their investments in the latest Microsoft cloud technologies. We focus on empowering customers on their digital journey, from envisioning new possibilities to delivering solutions that result in targeted business outcomes and a great customer experience.
Digital Advisors are seasoned Business & Strategy consultants with the accumulated knowledge, skills and industry experience to drive innovation and break-through digital transformation with Microsoft’s most significant customers. DAs sell Microsoft’s value proposition in a holistic and business centered way. They orchestrate the value life cycle for our customers with strong collaboration in partner teams throughout Microsoft such as ATU, MCS, CSU, STU and OCP. By focusing relentlessly on maximizing customer value with Microsoft, they cement trusted and enduring strategic relationships which amplify customer opportunity and Microsoft success. DAs do this through the development of compelling business cases to enable digital transformation for our most strategic customers.
- Work with DA Management team on regular rhythm of business tasks
- DA Utilisation Management
- Alignment of DAs to key deals
- Ownership of key work initiatives on an as needed basis (Customer stories, Newsletters, Consumption Tracking etc.)
- Drive on-going improvement in business operating model
- Contribution to preparation fir monthly Quarterly Business Reviews
- Contribution to preparation and running of team events
- Develop customer empathy and experience through shadowing and assisting DAs in customer meetings – preparation, action tracking, meeting artefacts, follow ups and next steps
- Contribute to cross MCS and Microsoft initiatives
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay focused on our customers' satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative and global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with curiosity. Ultimately, you're open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Customer Obsessed: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner's mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Diverse & Inclusive: You don't just value differences, you seek them out and invite them in.
- A business management focused degree or some commercial acumen is preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills and strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to synthesize information and learn quickly, passion for customers and innovation
- Customer relationship experience a plus
- Passion for technology, both consumer and enterprise
- Knowledge of Microsoft productivity suite of tools a benefit
- Desire to make a positive impact on the world through technology and business solutions a must
- Must be in their penultimate year of university and eligible for a 12 month internship in the UK starting July 2021
- Must have right to work for the full duration of the internship without need for sponsorship
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services