Junior Analyst 2021
Founded in 1989, we are one of the largest and longest operating hedge funds in the industry. We allocate capital across more than 230 entrepreneurial portfolio managers that invest in a diverse set of strategies. Our goal is to help our global investors meet their investment objectives by achieving absolute returns with minimal risk over the long-term. We do this by empowering our portfolio managers through proprietary technology and resources at scale, to create a uniquely diversified investment platform.
A Career at Millennium
With more than 3,300 employees, our firm harnesses the entrepreneurial drive of our people. We seek to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry. We offer an opportunity to develop your career by working with a leadership team that has years of industry experience across a variety of disciplines.
We encourage our team to work together in a collegial and collaborative team-based environment. We empower them to act like owners by making decisions based on a combination of rigorous analysis and an open, creative mindset. This enables us to continuously improve our day-to-day activities, and ultimately the firm as a whole.
What we're looking for
A Junior Analyst to help build and expand the team’s capital goods coverage in the Trading (Consumer & Industrials) Hiring Department/Group.
- Degree from leading university in a finance related field (Business/Finance/Accounting)
- 1-3 years’ experience in investment banking, equity research or asset management
- Sector exposure to industrials (capital goods/aerospace and defence)
- Attention to detail and strong Excel, data management and financial modelling skills
- Willingness and ability to learn fast, apply and improve the team's investment process and work as part of a dynamic team
- Coding knowledge (Python) would be a plus, but not require