Research Development Quality: Product Industrial Placement
Are you studying towards a Science Degree (e.g. food science, nutrition, engineering or related discipline) Do you want a taste of the career you could have with Mondelez? Sink your teeth into one of our sweet internships.
Our Internships are 12 months long (although some roles have the flexibility to be shorter) and during your placement, we’ll make you an integral part of our team and give you a real job – with real responsibilities – from day one. We hope to help you expand your horizons and encourage your personal and professional development.
As an intern at Mondelēz International you will be responsible and accountable for your project(s). During the placement you will be expected to plan and execute tests of various scale (e.g. benchtop, pilot plant, and factory) as appropriate for your project as well as to coordinate informal sensory assessment. Key deliverables would be to produce technical reports/presentations and periodically communicate your key findings to stakeholders. You will also have the opportunity to interact with the wider RDQI Community, other business functions and external suppliers. In addition to this you may also be expected to support other ongoing project activities in and outside of your immediate team. For some roles, occasional international travel may be required.
Studying towards a Food Science, Engineering or other scientific discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Food & Nutrition, Physical Sciences, Materials Science, Physics)
- 2:1 degree - predicted end result (or equivalent)
- Self-drive and motivation
- Passion/inquisitiveness about food, food trends, nutrition, wellbeing and food production
- Can work with a level of autonomy, as well as works well in a team
- Demonstrates strong analytical, communication and presentation abilities
- Pro-active, highly motivated, ready to take on new responsibilities and build strong relationships
- Organisation and planning skills
- If there are opportunities, able to travel overseas, for plant trials/commissioning work and occasionally work on shift, as projects needs dictate
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
What you can expect from us
We want to make sure you get the most from your time with us. That’s why once you join we’ll work out ambitious but achievable goals for you. Then through the support of a mentor and regular reviews with your manager, we’ll help you achieve them.