Scientific Account Manager Food Reading 2023
Reading Scientific Services Limited (RSSL) provides a range of scientific analysis, research and consultancy services to the food and pharmaceutical industries and to its parent company, Mondelēz International.
In this role you will contribute towards this by being an Account Manager and growing the business to meet RSSL’s financial targets
In the nominated accounts the role will:
- Grow revenues to set targets
- Develop customer management strategies
- Lead high value opportunities as required
- Also provide support to commercial team activities.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- To be the account manager for a number designated accounts acting as the principal contact between the client and RSSL operation teams in order to achieve sales growth.
- Optimise calls by ‘selling-on’ other services to the client, where appropriate
- To be the principle point of contact for a number designated tactical accounts and ad-hoc clients acting as the principal contact between the client and RSSL operation teams in order to achieve sales growth.
- Assist the Customer Services team as required at periods of peak demand to ensure that clients are provided with a professional service and act as the liaison between RSSL lab staff and clients.
- Generally assist the Head of Sales and wider commercial team as required
- Support the Commercial team with the co-ordination and collation of RFI’s proposals and tenders as required
- Know the ethical and legal compliance responsibilities of the position; raise questions and concerns when faced with an ethical or compliance issue; apply integrity in all aspects of professional conduct
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements
- Have a proven scientific background with recognised qualifications – Degree/HND or equivalent qualification.
- Have an understanding of laboratory work and its application to solving customer problems.
- The personality and technical credibility to develop excellent working relationships with both clients and laboratory staff.
- Outgoing proactive approach, energy, drive, enthusiasm and the ability to motivate others.
- Team player, plus ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with the ability to interact effectively by telephone, written communication and face-to-face.
- An organised approach, capable of working on several projects at any one time.
- The ability to offer valuable advice and guidance on a broad range of scientific techniques to clients
- 1 years customer services and sales experience would be added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- A valid driver’s license
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful international business that offers financial rewards and resources, including:
- Opportunities to learn and develop
- Performance Related Bonus scheme
- Contributory pension (up to 11% employer contribution)
- Life assurance
- 27 days holiday allowance (possibility to buy 5 extra days) + bank holidays
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A flexible benefits programme (Gym discounts, private health insurance, restaurant discounts, etc).
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Reading Scientific Services Ltd (RSSL) is a cutting-edge contract research organisation (CRO), providing research, analysis and consultancy to the food, consumer goods and life science sectors. Whether we are creating new products, validating medicines or solving investigations, we take pride in being a leader in our field, serving clients from across 70 countries. Enriched by our parent company, Mondelēz International, our team are committed to transforming lives through science, innovation and collaboration.