Anti-Money Laundering Investigator
We are looking to grow our team of junior anti-money laundering investigators by hiring individuals with a love for financial crime investigations, existing industry experience in financial crime prevention or screening, and excitement about Monzo’s mission to help make money work for everyone. At Monzo, we believe that our investigators are best placed to protect our customers and the bank when they have a holistic understanding of financial crime teams, typologies, and task types. This means that we tackle all types of financial crime as one financial crime team, working together to address money laundering, fraud, sanctions breaches, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption, tax evasion, and more. To facilitate this, you’ll have the opportunity to be exposed to, and trained to work on, a broad variety of financial crime tasks.
Every day, you’ll spend your time on things like:
- Conducting screening against adverse media lists, politically exposed persons lists (PEP), and sanctions lists.
- Making decisions about the action to take on customer accounts or sign ups across a variety of real-time queues, including transaction monitoring.
- Engaging with other banks and financial institutions about reports of fraudulent behaviour
You should apply if:
- You have experience working in operational financial crime teams focused on retail or business banking.
- You have a good understanding of current anti-money laundering trends and typologies.
- You have experience in one or more of the following: • Using anti-money laundering tools to identify and document suspicious activity. • Screening against adverse media, PEP, or sanctions lists • Submitting and receiving fraud reports to and from other banks
- You are comfortable independently making judgement-based decisions with significant potential impact on the bank and customers.
- You are very comfortable using a laptop (an Apple MacBook will be provided by Monzo)
- You’re great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English.
- You’re excited by our mission of making money work for everyone.
This is a full-time distributed (work-from-home) role. The application process will involve filling out the below application questions, then completing a task at home, before being invited for a final stage, two-part interview 🙌