Junior Project Manager
We understand that we are currently living and working in unprecedented times and that this may cause uncertainty. We want our applicants to know that we are committed to the recruitment and onboarding process for this role and so the experience will be reflective of our culture of embracing change, agility in our processes and putting our people first. This means the hiring (and potentially onboarding) of this role will be done completely remotely. We will work with our candidates to make this process as smooth and accessible as possible.
Moonpig is undertaking some of its largest and most impactful projects in its history over the next few years and as a result, we are looking for a Junior Project Manager to help us do this successfully. It’s a highly impactful role in a fantastic company with a great culture.
What can you expect as a Junior Project Manager?
Ultimately you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of one or more concurrent projects, ensuring the most effective, timely and appropriate solutions (application, infrastructure and/or process) are developed to fulfil the business requirements, in the most cost-efficient manner.
As a Junior Project Manager, we have three big expectations:
- You will work to deliver a wide range of projects on time that meets expectations. You understand that time, scope and budget can’t all be fixed and will know when to flex and how to manage expectations. Your default position will be transparency and you won’t feel uncomfortable over-communicating to your stakeholder group
- You will be adept at delivering technical projects, breaking down barriers for your team, and both planning at a high level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed
- You will build a good reputation within both the technology function as well as the broader Moonpig team. In our flat culture, you’ll succeed by engaging colleagues of all levels, knowing who to talk to and how to communicate with different functions
You should apply if you:
- Have successfully delivered technical projects using the appropriate project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid) or have a PMO background and are looking to move into project management
- Have a track record of successfully managing complex product delivery through the full project lifecycle
- Have experience balancing multiple priorities and comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Are happy delivering process led changes as well as technology lead projects
- Have a sound understanding of the digital and high transaction eCommerce landscape
- Can develop highly effective relationships with colleagues at all levels in the organisation to deliver the optimal solution, escalate where necessary (providing evaluated recommendations) to ensure the deliverables are completed in a manner that delivers the best outcome for the organisation
- Can proactively take responsibility, taking ownership of issues that arise and follow through to resolve them (getting the required result)
- Take advantage of every opportunity to communicate relevant information, whilst remaining mindful of the audience (e.g. translate complex/technical issues to meet the audience’s competency level)
- Have a track record of applying both Agile and Waterfall project management techniques with expertise in project management methodologies and approaches, for example, SCRUM, Kanban, PRINCE2 and using tools like JIRA and Confluence
- Have the ability to travel as required (across the UK and Europe)