2021 Investment Management Off-cycle Internship - International Products
The Off-Cycle Internship is an opportunity to experience the culture and atmosphere in the Investment Management Division by taking on some of the responsibilities and functions of a Full-time Analyst. The internship typically lasts six to twelve months.
The role of the International Product team is to develop, and through active post-launch management, maintain mutual funds for MSIM’s business outside the US. This encompasses assisting internal teams (Sales and Portfolio Management) in defining which products are needed to support investment strategies, and launch those products in a commercially successful, high-quality manner. After launch, the team must ensure that the funds remains optimally positioned and commercially viable as client requirements and the regulatory and competitive environments change.
The International Product team look after multiple cross-border fund ranges covering the range of investment capabilities across equities, fixed income, multi-asset and alternative funds with c. $92bn of assets under management. This role will provide exposure to a wide range of internal departments and will give a unique insight into the entire asset management business.
Supporting members of the team on new product launches and enhancements to existing products:
- Launching share classes to meet business requirements through coordinating operational setup
- Sourcing and deployment of seed capital to enable fund and share class launches
Assisting with the review of designated fund vehicles, including:
- Review of existing products including AUMs, flows and product profitability, with the objective of ensuring that funds remain viable
Ongoing maintenance of existing fund ranges
- Managing fund invoices for fund services received and the ongoing review of expenses
- Monitoring seed capital to maintain efficient levels and handling seed capital repatriations to return funds.
- Assisting with quarterly board reporting and scheduled reporting to meet client and regulatory requirements
- Assisting with the management and support of F2C in their role as disseminators of NAVs and other information to electronic media
- Assisting with KIID production, including both continual ad hoc updates and the annual review
• The candidate must be analytical with excellent attention to detail and well suited to working within a small team environment.
• Degree level education or equivalent is required.
• Good presentational skills (both written and verbal).