Graduate Bridge Engineer 2021
Come and join an award-winning business in the North West. Our bridge team has an enviable reputation for being the best in the region. If you are a Graduate Engineer with a few years’ experience then this could be the next step in your career. The bridge team has recently delivered numerous high-profile bridge projects including the Ordsall Chord for Northern Hub, Silver Jubilee Bridge Complex, Nottingham Tram, Besses O' Th' Barn Bridge, Macau Hong Kong Viaduct, several Network Rail Viaducts, Menai Bridge Inspection and Northern Powerhouse Rail.
The team comprises over twenty staff delivering projects from our Altrincham and Manchester office. Due to a strong project portfolio, including HS2, we are seeking highly skilled bridge engineers to expand the team and delivering high-profile projects. The buildings and infrastructure division employs over 150 staff across a variety of disciplines, including bridges, building structures, materials, highways and light/heavy rail.
- Post graduate experience with a strong personal interest in bridge engineering which will be utilised in a broad range of engineering projects
- Experience on a small range of bridge engineering projects
- MEng, MSc or similar degree is preferable
- Experience with Highway England (HE) and Network Rail (NR) design standards including Eurocodes
- Experience of working in UK bridge engineering and involvement in the full project lifecycle
- Experience working in or with a multi-disciplinary design consultancy
- Strong technical focus and IT skills
- Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required
We want engineers with the same passion and enthusiasm that we have already in the team. If you have the right attitude and attributes, then we want to hear from you.
As a Graduate bridge engineer, you’ll be involved in the following:
- Engineering design on new build projects
- Working with design teams throughout all phases of projects, from bidding to completion
- Involved in a range of small to large projects which are industry and publicly high profile
- Working within a growing team carrying out bridge feasibility works, design, assessment and strengthening depending upon project requirements
- Responsible for all aspects of assigned project work
- Working on a range of both road and rail bridge commissions, ranging from inspection and assessment work to feasibility studies
- Engineering refurbishment and replacement schemes
The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and offer fantastic opportunities for skill set and career development. Get in touch and find out where a career with Mott MacDonald could take you
We can offer
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.