Graduate Building Services Scheme 2021
Our graduate building services engineers are responsible for the functional design which takes buildings from an empty shell to a pleasant space to live and work in. Our teams are responsible for ensuring health and safety requirements are met, while creating a visually appealing and comfortable environment.
As a building services engineer you will be helping to provide cost effective and sustainable solutions to ensure buildings perform in an efficient and effective manner. Our projects are not just within the UK, they are international. They also span a variety of sectors, including defence, transport, utilities, energy, public and private sector. Some of our notable projects include HS2, Royal Navy Britannia College and the Somerset Energy Innovation Centre (part of the Hinkley power station project).
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Mechanical: you’ll help to create a comfortable environment by designing the mechanical components of necessities such as heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and domestic water services. We have opportunities in the following locations: Manchester, Birmingham, Cambridge, Sheffield, Leeds, Altrincham, Croydon and Glasgow.
- Electrical: Some of the exciting projects you’ll be involved in include the installation of necessities such as power, lighting, fire systems and security. We have opportunities in the following locations: Birmingham and Leeds, Sheffield and Croydon.
- Public health: this is a varied role so you’ll really be able to get stuck in. Our teams are involved in many aspects of public health including the design systems for water supply and sanitation to help resolve water and energy related challenges. We have opportunities in the following locations: Croydon
We are looking for a flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for building services and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have a degree or are expected to achieve one of the following degree disciplines:
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Building Services engineering
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in building services through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.