Graduate Business Analyst London 2021
We are looking for a highly driven and ambitious individual to join our growing Digital Advisory team, who can help us transform infrastructure at speed and position Mott MacDonald as the leading authority in each of our core service streams:
- Asset Advisory: enhancing user experience across the lifecycle of buildings and infrastructure.
- Transformation Advisory: human and business-led digitisation of enterprises and programmes.
- Information Advisory: putting information at the heart of everything, driving real time decisions at speed.
We are at the forefront of digital transformation of the construction and infrastructure industry. We have a growing team of talented consultants, product managers and developers using technology and data to tackle global, always evolving challenges; from water quality to climate change, healthcare to smart cities and buildings. We have 120 years of deep relationshipswith customers founded on extensive domain expertise and can offer a flexible working environment which is well equipped to deal with current issues around virtual / remote working.
We are committed to building a new product / subscription-based model for consultancy by driving growth across our software-as-a-service product offerings, using technology to do the leg work and give us more time back to spend meaningfully engaging our customers and delivering value through long term partnerships.
Why join us?
We are committed to helping our customers harness the power of digital for the advancement of our industry and society; designing and delivering cutting edge infrastructure and enhancing operations through world class digital capabilities spanning, people, process, data and technology. We help our clients put information at the heart of what they do and derive ever greater value from it.
Our unique combination of domain x digital expertise, harnessing 120 years of engineering heritage alongside the power of state-of-the-art technologies, allows us to offer solutions which truly address our customer challenges and some of the biggest challenges facing the world today.
As a Graduate Business Analyst, you will work across these different services and sectors. You will play a key role in helping to deliver new work and using a creative mindset to join the dots between real world customer challenges and our suite of technology products built on our powerful data and analytics platform, Moata.
- Support outstanding delivery of our products and services
- Support high value consultancy to customers at the enterprise, programme and project level
- Engage with delivery teams, assisting them in shaping strategies, adopting new ways of working and accelerating progress in unlocking the value of digital
- Understand our service offerings and be able to articulate the value that they bring
- Look for opportunities to get involved in internal initiatives to support the growth and success of the business
- Support projects by capturing and articulating customer requirements
This role is based in our London, Fleet Place office
We are looking for a flexible and motivated graduate with a genuine passion for digital and delivering social, environmental and economic outcomes and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this role, you will have less than 12 months experience and have a degree in a business or related degree discipline.
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
The core competencies and requirements to apply to this role are as follows:
- An interest or relevant experience in management consultancy, IT/ Digital or Engineering, ideally within the infrastructure industry or another related field
- Ability to work as part of a project team to produce outputs on time and to a high standard
- Good interpersonal skills, able to build positive relationships with people from different backgrounds
- Proven ability to work independently in a position of responsibility
- A strong customer-centric perspective that focuses on outcomes
- Passion for digital and delivering social, environmental and economic outcomes
- Good communication skills, polished writing and confidence presenting
- Strong desire to learn and acquire new skills
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- A self-starter mentality with a desire to apply initiative and new ideas, comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-changing start-up environment
- An open minded, assertive, collaborative attitude; a strong sense of team spirit; vision driven
- Ability to think strategically and laterally, bringing creativity to problem solving
- Interest and passion for innovation and technology
Equality, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) are at the heart of our organisation. We promote equal opportunities and have several initiatives to create an inclusive workplace culture; Our dedicated inclusive recruitment page provides more information on our efforts and recognitions.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview, please contact us at email@example.com and we will talk to you about how to help.
About this graduate role – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
Our social side
Being part of Mott MacDonald means more than just work, there’s a huge range of fun and exciting things that you can get involved in. From the moment you join us, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your social and professional network, whether it’s meeting other graduates at the graduate weekend residential course or joining forces with other members of staff from around the company at our annual sports day.
Each of our offices have a sports and social committee which will give you the chance to be part of a variety of sports, social and charity events. We’re committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility and encourage our staff to play active roles in the local community.
It's worth noting that sports and social committees tend to vary from office to office, so as well as getting involved in what’s already on offer, don’t be afraid to suggest new events or initiatives that you think could be a great addition.
It doesn’t stop there. As well as events, you’ll also have access to discounts on cinema tickets, travel, fashion, utilities and much more as part of our company benefits which you can take advantage of the moment you join.