Graduate Digital Practitioner 2021
You will be part of the Information Management Network responsible for implementing the latest technology and improved ways of working within the division. By working together with our project teams, you will help solve complex problems and develop innovative solutions in the field of physical and digital infrastructure.
We are looking for someone who is creative, pro-active and able to work through complex problems to deliver better solutions to our project team and clients. You might not have all the answers but you are able to think on your feet, maybe outside of the box, but most importantly as part of a team. Information Management is a diverse and exciting topic. One day you might be developing a new process to deliver asset information for one of the world’s biggest airports, the next you might be working with machine learning experts to flat-pack a super structure so it can be built offsite.
Our team are already working with key Clients on major infrastructure commissions such as HS2, Crossrail2, Tideway, Heathrow and Network Rail, focusing on delivering innovative digital project delivery solutions to address our Client's needs. We have a proven track record in providing exemplary information management solutions, which have won numerous global awards.
In your day to day role you will be part of a team who is responsible for building and maintaining systems to control information delivery on various engineering and infrastructure projects. This may vary from major design and build commissions to a portfolio of smaller design projects.
Working as a Graduate Digital Practitioner, you will be working with project teams to apply improved methods to capture, structure and communicate data. This might include databases, visualisations, design co-ordination or any other form of information within the engineering sector but ultimately focused on leading-edge solutions. You will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the business who will share your quest to learn, improve and transform the delivery of engineering projects.
Our projects all vary in length and will cover a diverse range of fields, but the vision will remain the same, implement technology to improve our ways of working.
We are looking for a flexible and motivated graduate with a genuine passion for the digital sector and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this role, you will have less than 12 months experience and have a degree in
- Information Technology
- Data Science
- Or a related subject.
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
- Good technical knowledge of a range of software platforms, databases and tools.
About this graduate role – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.