Graduate Mechanical Engineering Scheme 2021
Our graduate mechanical engineers are helping to solve new challenges in smart ways. Join these experts and you’ll be part of minimising energy use and cost, while maximising performance and reliability.
Our mechanical engineers play pivotal roles in designing and delivering sustainable solutions. By fine tuning operation while safeguarding resilience and durability, they are constantly working to get the most from existing assets.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Built Environment: You can work alongside our experts who have provide sustainable design solutions for a variety of high-profile projects. Our multi-disciplinary teams design infrastructure which help to support the essential requirements of everyday life, including transportation systems, energy, and water. We have opportunities in the following location: Cambridge, Croydon & London.
- Transport: You’ll have the chance to work on rail and road developments alongside our transport team whose portfolio includes projects such as Crossrail, HS2, and the expansion of Heathrow airport. We have opportunities in the following locations: Altrincham & Croydon.
- Water: You’ll be working with specialists that have been involved in projects such as the Thames Tideway scheme in London and the Scottish Water development programme. Water is an essential part of our everyday lives, therefore our teams are responsible for water pumping solutions, clean and wastewater treatment plants, and pipelines. We have opportunities in the following locations: Brighton & Cambridge.
- Oil & Gas: We are responsible for providing technical, business and management consulting services in relation to all electrical transmission and distribution and Oil & Gas technologies. We have opportunities in the following location: Hinkley.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for mechanical engineering and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have a degree or are expected to achieve one of the following degree disciplines:
- Mechanical engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Aeronautical engineering
In your application you should be able to demonstrate your interest in mechanical engineering through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
About this graduate role – is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That’s why with our graduate programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you’ll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We’ll support you on your journey to gaining chartered status with your chosen institution.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online.
You’ll be enrolled onto Accelerate Your Future, a three-year programme which develops your strengths, it also gives you the opportunity to network and meet other graduates in your cohort. The programme is a mix of residential events, classroom-based learning, virtual webinars and business challenges.
We understand that each person’s career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual’s development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You’re probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you’ll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you’ll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: in addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you’re given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you’ll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That’s why with our flexible plan, you’ll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.